T. duboisi Maswa

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guppies, swordtails, platies, leopard fish,

bristlenoses, bronze/albino/peppered and julie catfish

white cloud mountain minnows,

demisonis, bricardi, daffodil, elec yellows, masked julie, sulfur creast, baenschi, johanni, oscars,

Angels, surimensus,

I'd like congratulate the many sucsesful breeders and to ask the people on this thread two very important question, How many of you are Club and FNZAS members and how many of you have bothered to register your breeding with the Federation ? and if not WHY NOT ? :-? :-?

No, Not at all , if you have one small tank at home with a pair of guppies that drop fry as long as you have 10 fry that you keep alive for 30 day you can register a breeding and get a federation certificate and enter the national breeding compation. I encourage everyone to join there local club and enter. :) PLUS when you jkoin your local club you get the Aquarium World magazine FREE, you just can't lose

I'd like congratulate the many sucsesful breeders and to ask the people on this thread two very important question, How many of you are Club and FNZAS members and how many of you have bothered to register your breeding with the Federation ? and if not WHY NOT ? :-? :-?

we have no club up here & what does registering a breeding do?

we have no club up here & what does registering a breeding do?

You can join ANY club in the country , i know some clubs that have members from overseas, yes it makes it hard to get to club meeting but you do get all the other benifits such as news letters, friendly advice and as stated the Aquarium World Magazine.

As for registering breedings , others find out what your breeding and may want to buy some off you , you find out what others are breeding and may want to buy some of others. You compete for the national trophies and get a nice cert for your fish room. The hobby also benifits because others talk to you about HOW you bred a species because they know you have ...etc etc so much to gain all round. :)

Thanks Billaney. Maybe one day Mum and Dad will take me to meeting I would love to go to one.

Check out the club listings:

Kapi Mana Aquarium Club is an interest group involved in fishkeeping of all types. The club is affiliated with the Federation of New Zealand Aquarium Societies and many of our members play a substantial role at a National level. All ages and skill levels are welcome. Social events are held regularly and families are encouraged to become involved in addition to club evenings.

Meetings are held at the Doris Mills Lounge, Linden Community Centre, Tawa from 7:45pm onwards on the last Wednesday of the month (excluding December). Supper provided and a gold coin donation is requested (or a contribution). All are welcome.

Do you have to be a certain age to join a club?

Only part you need to worry about is...

It's a little bit like survivor, at each meeting they vote out 1 member. That member must quit fish keeping altogether and leave the country ASAP.

If they don't comply, they'll be forced to watch Jaws 1-3 for the next 16 years of there life, with no ad breaks.

Those are the rumors anyway. I've heard they're true.... :oops: