albino aulonocara stuartgranti

A.PROPHECY

They come in through Brooklands (supplier) and the royal blues that come in are referenced to species Nyassa on the list. Axelrod has a good pic of the royal blue that the imports are linked to on the list. Seems Jansens misnamed them.

Heya Frenchy :D

When were the changes made with the naming of the Nyassae? All the references I have stated that the Nyassae was a different species altogether than the stuartgranti etc. Is it a recent change that has been made? 8)

That explains it .. my Ad Konings book is an old one, and I don't have that version book :lol: My book must be before changes were made, as it states the Nyassae as a different species and from different parts of the Lake :roll: :lol:

AProphecy - Would be neat if you held onto the two Albinos 8) Would love to see what your Royal Blues look like.. compared to the lot that I got ages ago (which are now up that way) :D

Hiya Dan :D

Awesome stuff, they bred here, I had another male that I kept in the display tank for display purposes and he was just gorgeous, dark royal blue body in colour. Seem to take a wee while to colour up more so than others.

Thanks for that Frenchy :D

I also got a lot that came in as Yellow Nyassa, they were awesome also. Definately different and alot chunkier in body.

Afrikan,

Callum has the adult pair Royal Blue Peacocks (previously in the Jansens Mt. Eden Shop Cichlid display tank).

This pair throws albino fry. Not sure if it is the male or female, as we have not split the pair and tried another mate for each yet.

Currently, from the first hold we have about 60 fry, 1/3 of them are albino. These are about 4 weeks old. The female is conditioning up again and will breed again in the next week or so.

We have been told to separate them from the normal marked fry, which are naturally stonger and will dominate them for food etc, possibly killing them over time as they compete in the same space.

Will try post a pick of the adult pair and fry at some stage, and let you know how they are getting on.

Cheers

Dave

(Callum's dad) :bounce:

From my limited knowledge on this, both fish would have to have the albino gene.

I would separate the albinos from the normals too. What you were told I have heard heaps of times from good sources.

Also if you separate & grow up the albinos. Then breed them against each other. Albino with albino, you should in theory get all/mostly albino too.

Frenchy :D