introducing turtles - THEY HAVE MET!! Pics

pretty much hit and miss,some are fine and just carryon like nothing has changed.Then there are the others where its like ww 3?I remember a really big female I got once ,had lived alone all its life of ten or so years,put it in with some others and it just went into attack mode,straight at anything that moved,really savage biting etc etc.This was cured by keeping it in a tank next to others,glass to glass,after a week or so back together....no problems.Just see what happens and keep an eye on them.

well, introduced the new turtle today and they are getting on fine.

turns out Raphael is a girl and our new one, Michelangelo, is a boy. the first thing he did when he saw Raph was try to breed with her :oops: :lol:

he is a bit smaller than she is and has a lumpy shell. he was abandoned in otaki and a friend had him listed on TM. we had people passing through and they picked him up for us.

the shell, other than being bumpy, doesn't seem to have anything wrong with it, though i've yet to test for softness.

he looks a little under fed, but that will change :)

will get pics once he stops chasing Raph around and mucking up the water.