Is this whitespot?

Andrew_W

Thanks

I'm using "Blue Circle, White Spot Cure" Do the 3rd dose tomorrow, then a large water change, then do it all over again?

Are there perhaps better treatment, or natural treatments I can try, I read about salt tonic?

For that size of tank you'd want to use 8 tablespoons of salt - dissolve it into a small bit of water before you put it in the tank too. It really doesn't matter what salt you use. Table salt will work, even if it is iodized. The iodine concentrations in table salt will not be harmful to your fish over the short term. Whatever salt you use be sure to be diligent with your water changes when the treatment is over, so your salt levels get back to normal & all traces of medication are removed (putting carbon in your filter will remove the medication too).

And no, I wouldn't say doing a complete water change is necessary, in fact it'd probably do more harm than good. Two 75% water changes on consecutive days would be much better.

Also, only stop treatment three days after the white spots on your fish go away to make sure all traces of the disease are gone.

sorry, its says, do a complete water change between the 3rd and 4th dose. at this stage do a 75% change?

Also, I have raised the temp to 29-30, do you recommend leaving it there for 24hours, then lowering it to 26 for 48hrs then back put to 29-30 for 24hours, and keep repeating the process till gone?

LMAO the person who buys the salt, was not impressed :lol:

Thats a lot of salt for loaches to handle. I have never used that much for my africans :o

Keep an eye on them. You shouldn't have to use salt, it is over rated in the use of disease treatment. {IMO}

Leave the temp at where it is 29-30. Make sure you have plenty of airation in the tank.{water surface disturbition} Oxygen levels deplete rapidly at higher water temps.

Without knowing what is in the medicine, I can not comment on the amount of water changes, bizarre all the same to me.

Frenchy :D

sorry, its says, do a complete water change between the 3rd and 4th dose. at this stage do a 75% change?

Also, I have raised the temp to 29-30, do you recommend leaving it there for 24hours, then lowering it to 26 for 48hrs then back put to 29-30 for 24hours, and keep repeating the process till gone?

LMAO the person who buys the salt, was not impressed :lol:

i gave up with the meds (used the same as yours) didnt do anything, tonic salt seems to have worked better but havnt gotten rid of it yet