Who has dragons for sale?

TM

From reading over this topic it probably does sound like water/bearded dragons are a lot of work. But they arent, still less work than an aquarium, if your set up is good.

yeah your're right, i've kept a few tanks with different fish over the years and they are more work than beardies, also they are nowhere near as interactive with you!

I think with water/bearded dragons if you set yourself up well then they are very little work, unfortunitly I jumped in without setting up properly thats when it can get on top of you.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Yeah I agree. I make them more work than they are. Im constantly upgrading things, and rearanging stuff.

Im not running a locust breeding setup right now.

yeah Ive just picked up 6 6foot pieces of safety glass that I am going to build into enclosures for my fish/reptile room and am putting all the lighting together and building with plywood, I think thats half the fun, changing the enclosures and making things more natural etc

Guest Anonymous

I enjoy making my reptile tanks nicer for them.....the 'other-half' gets sick of it though! :roll:

But its great, when finally, after a few years, they show me im doing things right when they start laying eggs etc.

Guest Anonymous

Good setup-

Beardies: Good constant temperature, good ventalation. Heat Lighting/heat emitters in good place(not above water). Possibly a good flat rock under one of the lights. Reptile is able to get within 12inches of UV light. Drinking water - but not too much/too deep. Completely enclosed so live food cant get out.

Waterdragons: Good constant temperature (shouldnt be as high as beardies), good ventalation. Heat Lighting/heat emitters good place(not above water). Reptile is able to get within 12inches of UV light. Loads of branches for them to climb. Enough water from them to get their whole body under, more is better. Filter in the water (unless you want to do water changes every day). Completely enclosed so live food cant get out.

Probably the most important thing to get sorted before the reptile goes in is the lighting.

Others please add to this........................

sorry was just at work but forgot my camera. i'll take some pics next time i'm in- promise! you can check out an adult cage which is on display in wierd and wonderful if you want- all the breeding cages (5 at the moment) are behind the scenes though. the adult breeding cage is set up the same as the adult breeding cages behind the scenes though- and has to vermeculite cups in for the locusts to lay their eggs in.

• 2 months later...
:D Sorry bout the pics I have been rushed off my feet this semester. those crickets and locusts on display are just adults. there are vermaculite egg cups in them though so we can get the eggs. Locusts are fed to spiders and frogs as well as on display, flies are cultured for geckos and skinks, and crickets for display only

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know where to get feeder mice/rats from? or would it be best to breed your own? I want to feed my full grown Arowana some mice one in a while, my oscars may have a go. lol i seen my ornate birchir have a go at a bird that flew inside and landed straight into my tank (that was soo funny)

Why not buy 2 some from the pet store and breed them? They're really easy to breed - boy + girl = food for fishes.

Not sure if mice are good for them thought - I can't imagine they'd eat them in the wild.

And just so you know in future, you could have started a new topic for this thread, rather than dredged up an old topic with something not relevant to the subject :wink:

lol im aready breeding earthworm and mealworms for the other fish and turtles, i wont need to call up a zoo ill need to get a zoo permit soon soo many critters and animals lol. yeah ill give orana park a call to see if they have mice or see where they get theirs.

im sure my oscars will have a go at the mice as well, my biggest oscar measures 42cm long and about 10cm wide he is a big boy, bigger than wikipidia says they will grow.lol must be from all the different types of food he gets.

cheers.