Sump vs External filters???????????

aae1

BOi said:

Afrikan wrote:

Oh I thought it was your masterpiece!

Yea I wished that myself too

We at the NZ Fishroom "DO" hope that you read this first bOi... and got permission to use these drawings... :)

http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/the-ru ... t3805.html

Copyright:

If you are using pictures that do not belong to you, you must give credit and acknowledge the source. Use these rules.

Linking to images on other sites is ok but you need to make sure that:

a) You are not breaking copyright rules (link to the original image not a copy)

b) The remote server allows hot-linking. The fact that you can see the image doesn't always mean that other users can see it.

c) If you link to an image that is not yours make sure you acknowledge the source.

Do not copy pictures to your own server or picture album unless you own them.

Someone has gone to a lot of trouble to draw that up.. and had you not been asked.. it seemed that you were about to take the credit for it.

Mod

Bill.

Hey bOi. Sorry if I caused any problems for you. :oops: I really appreciate your help. I never thought that you had claimed to have drawn the schematic. I feel guilty to ask questions now cause arent most of our ideas forged from other peoples??

Linking to images on other sites is ok but you need to make sure that:

a) You are not breaking copyright rules (link to the original image not a copy)

--> It is a link to the original image. I do not have it on my photo album etc

b) The remote server allows hot-linking. The fact that you can see the image doesn't always mean that other users can see it.

--> I'm not sure if they are hot-link but id would assume so because it appeared on google image, so therefore everyone can see it?

c) If you link to an image that is not yours make sure you acknowledge the source.

--> The pics now are edited with link below them

Ill keep in mind in the future.. :wink:

Hey bOi. Sorry if I caused any problems for you. :oops: I really appreciate your help. I never thought that you had claimed to have drawn the schematic. I feel guilty to ask questions now cause arent most of our ideas forged from other peoples??
:wink:

Its ok aae1. Im just a rebel without a cause :lol:

Hey guys

This is a pic of the sumps I use and sell

sump.jpg

The water is still a touch high in this atm as you ideally dont want your bioballs under water

Quite simply the water comes in the right hand side down through a piece of perspex thats drilled to evenly distrubute the water

Through some Dacron and then sponge through Bioballs

I have gravel on the bottom of the sump for 2 reasons one there is always a build up of dirt and stuff there which is virtually impossible to clean and it will act a a bacteria bed hopefully with Anerobic bacteria

Then through the S bend filled with Matrix and Purigen

Inot the main chamber which houses my heater and UV and then pumped back into the tank

Nice and simple for freshwater you dont need to go over the top anbd use up more space like you need with Salt

Brad

MSPaint skillz pwns joo!!!

Sump.jpg

:lol:

Thats how mine is set up, although there's no peat in there now as its not needed, could use crushed shell, peat, anything you want. Bioballs stay out of the water, heaps of room for pumps, heaters, skimmers etc. Wouldnt use any other filtration on a big tank, ever.