April 20, 200719 yr comment_157918 I want to do something with a slate like rock in my tank, I want layers stacked and glued,is slate alright for this?, If not what else could I use and where could I get it from? Report
April 20, 200719 yr comment_157939 i have used sandstone tiles that are available from granite & marble companies Report
April 20, 200719 yr comment_157951 slate works fine, we had some little terraces made up in one of our tanks at work Report
April 20, 200719 yr comment_157952 Yeah, slate should be fine. You don't get much more unreactive than most slate. Report
April 21, 200719 yr Author comment_158032 Where can I get it from? (in chch) Should it have white in it? (doesnt that mean lime which will alter the ph??????) Report
April 21, 200719 yr comment_158041 Try landscapers. And according to the landscape suppliers here the Alpine Schist doesn't have traces of lime. Report
April 21, 200719 yr comment_158117 The white lines in schist are not lime, they are quartz. This will not alter the pH. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.