Brineshrimp cysts supplies

cees

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cees said:

I have list of people who expressed interest before. It will be first come, first serve.

Cees

Hi Cees,

A bit concerned about the above.

You have 'my' confirmation, so could those that have made the commitment please have some assurance that they 'WILL" get their order 'before' the 'first come first served' takes the lot.

Bill said :

Still keen Cees,

Where do I send the money..??

Can you give any indication when they will arrive ..?

My supply is finished and I am pretty desperate at the moment. :)

Cees said:

Hi Cees,

A bit concerned about the above.

You have 'my' confirmation, so could those that have made the commitment please have some assurance that they 'WILL" get their order 'before' the 'first come first served' takes the lot.

If you have contacted me re getting some of that bs (like you have) then you are on my list and those on the list will be served first.

Bill said :

Can you give any indication when they will arrive ..?

My supply is finished and I am pretty desperate at the moment. :)

Likewise, I'm eagerly awaiting delivery and will get in touch we you all once I have them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think I'll order some myself soon. Was there anyone that missed out Cees? Or anyone else interested in a can?

I'd suggest the economy grade this time. $165 a case compared to $288 for a case of premium grade. 43% cheaper and only 22% less hatches, what a bargain!

Brine Shrip Direct finally got back to me with a shipping quote. They recently reduced their prices, so one pound cans of Premium Grade (90% hatch-rate) will be about the $75, Grade A (80% hatch-rate) $65, and Economy Grade (70% hatch-rate) $55. This is dependant on enough people showing interest and I guess everyone still has heaps left from the lot Cees brought over anyway.

I think I'll order some myself soon. Was there anyone that missed out Cees? Or anyone else interested in a can?

I'd suggest the economy grade this time. $165 a case compared to $288 for a case of premium grade. 43% cheaper and only 22% less hatches, what a bargain!

I have nothing left (Andrew, you still want that last one? :wink: ) Don't think anyone missed out.

My advice, spend the extra $ and get premium grade. It's worth it. I don't even have to separate unhatched eggs from bs anymore and that was a hassle with the economy grade.

If you're lucky (not) you need to add import duty (GST) to the price as well.:(

Cees said...

>... Andrew, you still want that last one?...

Yep. Definitely.

Much as I'd like to, it doesn't seem like I'll be in the neighbourhood

over the next couple of weeks so I guess the best thing would be

for me to post you a cheque.

I don't suppose you see Chris Downs much? He's coming up here

in early August...

Andrew.

My advice, spend the extra $ and get premium grade. It's worth it. I don't even have to separate unhatched eggs from bs anymore and that was a hassle with the economy grade.

If you're lucky (not) you need to add import duty (GST) to the price as well.:(

Yeah, I agree there Cees. When you add the cost of shipping and a vet/health certificate, the economy grade isn't really that much cheaper anyway.

Those prices include duty, but are for about 10 cans. If fewer are wanted then we should get away without having to pay duty, but shipping will be more expensive per can, and the prices would stay about the same.

Ok Matt, that makes 2 of us. Another 4 or so cans and we're in business.

If you do go ahead and order from brineshrimp direct tell them to label the shipment correctly, including the scientific name. Artemia Fransiscana is what they supply and that species is allowed.

http://www.maf.govt.nz/biosecurity/impo ... ic.all.htm

Saves you lot of trouble with MAFif the documents are all there.

BS-direct now know about this (I told them) but may have forgotten again.

• 1 year later...