Bristlenose's

Aaron-Betta

I just introduced my two male Bristlenoses together with one of my females in a large tank. The question i have is, do they normally fight with one another? I have also noticed that their bristles are different too, one has straight bristles and the other had prong like things on the ends of them. Will they settle down and be ok together or should i keep them apart?

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing serious she says.

Well I had to intervene after one boy looked half dead after a "busy" night. He never was the same again though, so they do fight madly when adult. Better have one big boy and 2 or 3 girls together.

I have had 2 male bristles fight over night once and this is in a densely planted and wooded up 5ft tank.. sadly the non dominant male was a bit worse for wear and passed on... Have never had this happen again between males, just the odd niggle but nothing serious. The rogue Bristle killer, is now on his own with 3 females :lol: :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

The dominant male gets all the ladies, so I normally have 1 male per tank. Since the males look after the eggs, you get more eggs this way.

Non-dominat male gets ignored, and I've noticed is the last to be allowed near food too. My dominant GBA would let the females eat, but the other male was only allowed in at the last moment.