Full tank shots!

evilknieval69

Heres a progress picture of my planted discus tank. Looking forward to introducing the t5 lighting this coming week. All plants are growing good (well im a bit of a rookie at this, so as good as I could hope for), apart from the Java fern on the drift wood. Any tips on how to get this to take off?

At the moment I am only using a 1 x Yeast c02 mix and want to find out more about using controlled C02 with say a soda stream bottle. Does anyone know of a good thread or site with all ins and outs, costs etc

5th January 2007

NewTank1.jpg

11 February 2007

Fulltankpic-1.jpg

Nice tanks guys.

apart from the Java fern on the drift wood. Any tips on how to get this to take off?

I found with mine it just grew on its own I don't have a CO2 system or use fertilizers and my lighting is only 3x 30w fluoros in a 4 ft tank. I think it kind of likes medium to low light from things I have read.

heres a few of some of my tanks:

heres the oscar tank:

231944327.jpg

231944312.jpg

heres the ar980 comunity tank, the plant in the back (think its stargrass) grows like a weed just cut a heap out b4 the pic

231944295.jpg

and this is my discus grow out tank, its got quite a few plants that are growing really well and theres only 30w of light over the 250l

231944347.jpg

231944378.jpg

sorry about the bad pics