Electric Yellows/Blues

Jo1

I have been using Electric Yellows in Community tanks with no problems but thought I would have a go at a Malawi tank. I moved 9 young yellows into a tank at least 10 days ago and they immediately hid which they had not done previously. The blues arrived on Friday and my daughter released the 10 into the same tank. I have only seen the odd movement from them and really haven't been able to get a good look. They have been raised in a neutral PH but it is my intention to add lime stone soon. Why are they hiding? How can I encourage them to come out - even food doesn't seem to do it. Thanks in advance for the help.

With the move the yellows would have been stressed and just getting used to their new enviroment

Give them some time and they will come good

A mate of mine has a large colony of yellows which totally hide when I arrive there

Though he assures me when he is there alone they are always out

Brad

They are definately settling in and yeah with what Brads friend said is right.. funny thing, our Malawi tank is in our bedroom, if any of my household go into the room they race up to the tank "gimme gimme gimme" :lol: but if a newbie steps into the room to take a look at our set up, all race into the rock work... They are not silly :wink: :lol:

They are pseudotropheus and are around 3.5cm with the yellows around 5cm. I have seen them in tanks together before and actually purchased the yellows from this tank and they are definitely not interbred. A bit worrying though Caryl as i don't want to be stuck with inbreds. I have just been out to feed them and then sneaked up again. As soon as they saw me they went and hid but I guess they will get used to us. I have some rainbows in an american cichlid tank along with barbs and they are great although very greedy.