Who also has a Cat?

fish-unit

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zev, so he came from Hastings? When I was looking at breeders, I could only find one in Hastings (well, one registered one anyway) and when I rang her at the end of 2004 she was only just planning her first litter. Was Rickys breeder registered?

Yep, can't remember the name of the cattery, either.

Nice cats Dragon28, unusual colours.

Farmchick - that site is way sad!!! I couldn't even look at the videos I saw the pics on that first page and that was enough.

Theres nothing in the videos that is horrific or anything like that, its just the raw emotion of the staff at the shelter saying how horrible it is that the cats are purring and the dogs wagging their tails right up to the last minute simply because they think they are safe.

Lucky I was on my own at work when I watched it :cry:

we have a cat well hes still a kitten called jack, our 14 month old daughter calls him kitty cat and when we call him she shots us a look as if "hey thats not his name!'

but its so great they are like best friend following each other round just have to watch out the she doesn't continue putting his food in the bin :D

Thanks gatito :) I like them too!

If you click on that last photo it takes you to an album with some more photos. Each lamb is so different, it's a lot of fun. They're are a rare breed called Arapawa Sheep (named after Arapawa island off the coast of Nelson here in NZ). If only I was in the postcard business...... :wink:

Cats don't creep in - they either stalk in and take over your house and emotions, or they apply well thought out tactics to make you feel sorry for them so they can trick you into thinking you are their saviour - they know that in reality they are doing you a favour! :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Cats don't creep in - they either stalk in and take over your house and emotions, or they apply well thought out tactics to make you feel sorry for them so they can trick you into thinking you are their saviour - they know that in reality they are doing you a favour! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is soooo true!! (in a whiny sabrina type voice) he he he :P:P:D:D

Feeding Time At The Zoo

gups010a.jpg

Thor and Loki are sisters

Odd Ball and Tig are brothers, S.A.M is their sister.

Loki is their mother.

Little man and T4 are brother and sister

Thor is their mother

Chutney and Teddy are brother and sister

S.A.M is their mother

the 4 kittens are not staying, nor are the five 3wk olds currently residing in my bedroom cupboard.

T4 is being picked up today by one of the forum members :D

Did u know that the SPCA has a spaying amnesty in, I think its, March or May. I used this to get the tom cat at work fixed. From memory it costs $15 per cat, male or female. Ask your local SPCA to find out when it is and which vets are part of it. All I had to do was go to the vets, book him in and take the voucher (which has to be used within the certain time period), easy peasy and soooo much cheaper!

Crikey I hate to think how much food you go through with tht many cats, personally I think 9 + some kittens is crzy and even if you only keep 5 adults in the end thats still border line nuts.

I mean come on the r.s.p.c.a all over the country havin to put cats down because they cant find homes for them all, and then theres the whole issue of cats killin our native birds and lizards (good reason to have a bell on there collar).

If you only kept 1 or 2 they would be fed well have more love and attention and you wouldnt be contributing to the feline problem we have in this country.

All the above is just my opinion please dont be offended.

all of my cats are well fed and loved. the adults have bells on their collars.

If you only kept 1 or 2 they would be fed well have more love and attention and you wouldnt be contributing to the feline problem we have in this country.

and if i only kept 1 or 2, what would i do with the other 3 or 4?? it is almost impossible to sell / give away an adult cat, and then theirs the fact that i couldn't think of life without them.

the kittens will be rehomed and not sent to the spca or thrown in a bag in the back creek.

and once they are fixed (thanks whiskas for the tip) ther will be no more kittens from my lot.

Good on you Tsarmina :) No probs on the tip. I agree that only under extreme circumstances would i ever be able to give any of them away! The more you love the bigger your heart is (yep its valentines day :lol: )

I have 2 cats at work (started as VERY timid strays that i managed to gain the trust of) and 1 at home (all fixed).

I dont think u can hav too many cats, as long as they are all well fed and happy with someone to love and care for them there is no probs. Its when people can't feed, care and love for them all then they hav too many!

Well yeah people can have as many cats as they like, as long as they can afford to feed them and maintain their health, vaccinations, worming, fleaing, vet attention if need be etc.. of which all animals deserve..

But having adult cats that are not fixed...??? And litters of kittens... :o

I agree with Mincie over the fact that this country is full to the brim of kittens etc due to people not taking responsibility in fixing their animals, it is very sad...

JMO