Who also has a Cat?

fish-unit

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Gary, curled around the back of the laptop to get more heat, and basking in the glow of the screen.

gary-monitor.jpg

Here she is denuding the toilet roll, just as well it wasn't a full one.

gary-loo-roll.jpg

Here's her daughter Mandy when she was cute and little.

mandy-sleep.jpg

Mandy with Ricky - the most unsocial Ragdoll I have ever come across!

ricky-n-mandy.jpg

And last, but not least - weight wise, anyway! - is Tom, currently on loan to a friend on rat patrol, and dominating their two dogs.

tom-deck.jpg

Not at the price it cost to fix the little bugger the last two times. He makes the cost of a pedigree maine coon look like small change and they cost $900. :o

Gets whacked again and survives I might finish him off myself :o

Nah, just kidding I'd fix the silly bugger again (might buy him a leash though) :D

:lol: Wayne? Gary? :lol: You guys crack me up

Some beautiful cats here might I add.

Haha Zev, you think Ricky is unsociable? You havent met my Merlin ;-) Hes a ragdoll too. Any chance Ricky came from Taranaki? they may be related :roll:

Heres Merlin, my Ragdoll:

Merlin2resized.jpg

Hes a pedigree snob and he knows it :wink:

This is Jinx, my SPCA special that I handraised from 4 days old with her sister. Her sis was pure white and went to a new home in Napier:

JinxPortrait.jpg

I hope the photos arent too big!

And just want to share this shot coz I think its cool :D Managed to capture this while photographing them outside:

Huntersresized.jpg

*snort* yeah...supposed to be :roll:

Hes floppy...and big....and coloured right. But the personality? HAH. He doesn't purr, unless hes begging for food, and doesn't smooch unless your holding the food container. He HATES his belly, feet and esp tail being touched and doesn't like cuddles, apart from the occasional stroke under the chin. But during the colder months, if you sit down for a night of tv...he does crawl on your lap, which is lovely. And despite his apparent hatred of people, he has to follow you everywhere, just don't touch him :wink:

Oh, and you'd think he was stupid...until he managed to open the lid off the tupperware container that houses the bikkies :wink:

Jinx is much cleverer though, she can open doors from the outside via pushing, or from the inside. This is coz our bedroom door in the flat is missing a handle *shakes fist at lazy landlord* and has some carpet stapled to the back for a scratch area. She jumps up, hangs off the carpet, then pushes the door frame to make the door swing inwards :D

Scuse me, I'm rambling :oops: :lol:

its interesting you spend all this money on a pure bred that is supposed to be ultra friendly but not etc or spend $50 at the SPCA to get an intelligent lovely cat.

I personally prefer moggies to purebreds, I think they have nicer personalities and they don't have problems from inbreeding that purebreds can have.

but each to their own, and everyone loves their own babies (or should that be bubbas Caryl) :)

yeah your right, a purebred is no guarantee of anything :wink: He was just what I happened to want as he was to be my first cat, and yeah, maybe hes not what I expected, but I still love him. Dunno if I'd get another purebred, but thats really because there are so many rescues out there and I'd love to handraise kittens again some day as the rewards were just fantastic.

Bring on a dog too I say :wink: Not until I have my own home though *sigh*

Sticking to the cats and fish (bubbas!) until then :D

Haha Zev, you think Ricky is unsociable? You havent met my Merlin ;-) Hes a ragdoll too. Any chance Ricky came from Taranaki? they may be related :roll:

Nah, he came from Hastings, but he is a lesson in not researching your breeders first. We told some friends who we bought him of, and after they had picked themselves off the floor and stopped laughing and mopping up tears from the corners of their eyes, they told us about her rather disreputable cat breeding antics..

Ricky will not follow you around unless he's hungry. If you pick him up he moans so much that the kids call him 'Bagpipes'. When you call him, it's 'talk to the butt' as he flounces off in the opposite direction with his tail in the air. And all he does is sleep on the bed all day - oh, and if he is outside, he will make a special effort to come inside to use the dirt box..

I have 2 at work

Griffyn

298017343a1038533970b812189876l.jpg

Toffee

298017343a3332572709b30872140l.jpg

And my one at home is 14yo Misty whose favourite TV is either the tank or pond. This pic is one of her on her "pond viewing platform".

298017343a3332572752b724961323l.jpg

As someone nicely put: I am their "Meowmie" (for those who don't get it, its a twist on Mummy)

Zev, so he came from Hastings? When I was looking at breeders, I could only find one in Hastings (well, one registered one anyway) and when I rang her at the end of 2004 she was only just planning her first litter. Was Rickys breeder registered?

Lol at 'Bagpipes' I'll have to remember to use that one. But I love my whingy snob, and as Caryl said, you just described the average cat :wink:

Hey Whiskas, I love the name Griffyn for ginger cats...it just suits doesnt it :D