Plants

Lucid

Would You Use False Plants In A Tank Ever?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Use False Plants In A Tank Ever?

• Yes
    • Never
    • Only In Breeding Tanks
    • Other

I dont like them either but I must admit some of them do look like the real thing and last a lot longer too. :lol: I have used them in my breeding tank as easier to transfer eggs etc but prefer real ones. I have been thinking (only thinking) that I may use plastic fantastics in my Hoplo tank as I was sick and tired of having the floats floating. Tank looks bare without some kinds plant though!

Yes, I have a huge plastic fantastic in my largest tank 8) . It is in with my goldfishies, one even laid eggs in it and hatched too :D

I have even put it through my dishwasher with NO detergent (dont panic), to get rid of the ugly alge......a hot clean wash, it got rid of the grime and was left with a lovely clean plant, I soaked it in clean water afterwards just to make sure all was clean, no deaths either . :P

mothertrout

Yip, clown loaches are pretty bad too. They seem to like chewing the plant off at the base. I think its just for something to do rather than eat them as once they're chew off they ignore them.

Any big Cichlid is usually pretty bad as they like to move the gravel round, - some of them lots.