Tank mans latest project .....

Tank Man

Just thought I'd post what I've been up to this week as the DIY seems a little slow at the moment. Pics are always good...

bowpanel.jpg

This is a 70mm thick panel formed to R8222mm with an arc length of 4340mm. There is a pair of these panels and we will be installing them into a steel / fiberglass tank on site later this month. They look a bit dull as we are presently resurfacing the outer side.

2x3x.jpg

Now can any one guess what these panels above are going to be made into ? :wink:

Cheers,

Tank Man.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

love it when u post pics tank man, it keeps me dreaming :D

around how many litres is this going to hold? and what sort of $$ are we looking at if u dont mind me asking :)

20000Lt :D As for price there's over $170K ( :o ) of acrylic in the job alone, I can whip another one up if you need one for the house ? :D

20000Lt :D As for price there's over $170K ( :o ) of acrylic in the job alone, I can whip another one up if you need one for the house ? :D

OMG :o:o thats was half the size of my swimming pool. hummmm i guess i dont really need to eat right? :lol:

so am i right in saying acrylic tanks are more expensive than glass ones? what is the smallest tank u ever made?

so am i right in saying acrylic tanks are more expensive than glass ones? what is the smallest tank u ever made?

I wouldn't know what the glass equivalent is worth but glass is probably cheaper for joe average.

Smallest tank, well we make the 6" bowls you get at the pet shops if that counts ??? For commercial tanks I've made down to 600Lx450wx450 for aquariums to use as quarantine Tanks.

Tank Man.

Wellington airport?

You are correct, WIAP are going to have an "small" aquarium which will be viewable from the waiting lounge (non customs side so you can wander and and see it) the once you've gone pass customs you will be looking into the other side of it.

It is going to be salt but with a cook straight theme as far as I under stand.

Tank Man.

This is last week ends effort to get the tank frame in place, it's made up of three sections that are bolted together then the joins are fiberglass over again. We had to lay the sections on there ends to make it low enough to get under the glass door at the air port than use chain blocks anchored to the floor to stand it back up. Getting it in between the pillars was a mission as it's a fairly tight fit :roll: The two smaller frame each side are bubble display tanks which I'm trying to make in between all the trips to Wellington :(

DSCF0407Small.jpg

Next stage is to take the panels down and silicone them in.

Tank Man.