• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking great! :hail:

Can't wait for the finished product pics! :D

Getting closer now....

DSCF0418Small.jpg

Left Napier Friday 11 am, arrived at welly 4pm spent until 11.30 pm getting them in place. Back at it 8am Saturday to set up the panels ready for siliconing finished at 6pm then back Sunday 8am for the final stint which took until 7pm then 4 hours to drive back home :-?

• 4 weeks later...

I've been slightly busy lately hence no update, but heres a few pictures of the test fill for the main tank.

DSCF0462Small.jpg

Yep thats me in it doing some last minute alterations, any one know the Wellington tap water temperture? Frick it was cold !!!

DSCF0451Small.jpg

Front shot from customs screening side.

I found out that only international passengers will get to see it as it's beyond the public waiting lounge :(

Cheers

Tank Man.

Is it just me but in that pic with tankman in the tank, doesn't it look like there is an electrical cable running up into the tank?! :o:o:o

Hmm ... water and electricty - a really "fun" combination!

PS: I learn a few years ago that heaters should not be left on when doing water changes. Explains my funky hairstyle... :lol:

I would suggest that the tank may be there for display to calm the angry crowds by distracting them from the rediculously long wait to get through the system & on to the plane, very clever. It is much harder to get bored when something is constantly changing in front of you.

• 3 months later...

Pics of tanks up and running...

welly-fish-04.jpg

The three tanks.

welly-fish-05.jpg

The left hand tank, which has coloured lights on the side and a sequential bubble-jet show, no fish. Right hand tank is the same.

Wellington-fish-01.jpg

Centre tank. (don't you just love the carpet?)

welly-fish-02.jpg

welly-fish-03.jpg

Some of the inhabitants of the centre tank

Main tank looks good finished and stocked. Those bubble tanks should be a lot more active than they are with more intense lighting than that, I had a feeling the young chap doing the air control was out of his depth :-?

Tank Man.

one question? why is there 3 tanks but only one with fish in :-?

i mean sure bubbles and lights are definatley exciting... but are they really that much more exciting than fish :lol:

if it was my airport I would have all 3 with fish in 8)