suckys for cichlid tanks?

meesheelly

Depends on if the tank is American Cichlid or African Cichlid as the water is very different.

Assuming you mean african cichlids, I do know somebody who has full grown bristlenose breeding like crazy in ph 8.5 @ 30C with africans, but text book says 'no' to bristlenose. I've also heard GBAs can't live above 29 deg, and I raised my 5 young ones at 32.

The problem I've found with having B/N's in with my africans are cavins. I've had them kill 3 males simply by "rearanging the furniture". I've since moved the B/N's to there own tank. Having said that they were breeding happily with the cichlids but not keeping the algae down so....

I have a BN and some other kind of pleco thats about 200mm now and they are fine. My Africans are around 2 years old and the majority 100-150mm long. As long as you have planty of hiding places for your BN they'll be fine (ie drift wood). I have 1 enormous Yellow Apple snail too, and he goes hard.

did u try them bristle nose??

I have a gold spot pleco (similar to the red spot or sail fin pleco) and a 7" concheledeon (not sure how to spell it) and both are fine with my africans :) they both seems to swim happily around but only come out at night.. love the fins on them when they swim.. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...