Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ccl

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ccl

  1. ccl posted a topic in Cichlids
    Hey all, I'm looking for a medium - large Kenyi (blue one) if any have of you breed them or have ne for sale. 6221366 or 0272861240
  2. I have had some Borleyi for about 2 years and the male looks just like the middle one.
  3. ccl posted a topic in Cichlids
    Can anyone tell me how I attach a pic?
  4. Sorry about all the confusion folks. Mystic is quite right. I posted the auction and gave a silly answer to a silly question. My apologies to anyone that found it offensive.
  5. ccl replied to Fred's topic in Cichlids
    Yeah, Hybrids aren't cool, I would definatly recommend trio's and try to keep to the more placid of the Cichlids if you want them to get along. ie Electric Yelloews, Peacocks (don't mix peacocks with Kadango's) Giraffe's, Peach one's - don't know what they're called. I know these are sweet as I have them.
  6. ccl replied to smidey's topic in Cichlids
    Yeah, load it up. You'll fit lots of young in there. Cichlids come from a rediculously over populated place anyway. I have aprox. 60 yellows in a 400mmx400mmx600mm tank and am about to add 10 Arlih and 8 Kadangos. the more fish the less chance of one getting picked on. I also had around 40 that are all aound 100 - 150mm, all sharing a tank 1200x470x470mm. You just need to pick your species, some can be very agressive.
  7. ccl posted a topic in Cichlids
    Hey there, is anyone out there breeding Borleyi Kadango's (East Coast). I'm after a few. Say 10 or so.
  8. ccl replied to ccl's topic in Cichlids
    Thanks all. I don't know what kind of Peacocks they are but they're in Jenson's Mt Eden. My tanks only 4' and I'd love to get a bigger one. Money is always the issue though. I might just try the Peacocks out and keep an eye on them. Stay tuned there could be cheap Peacocks or sale soon.
  9. Can anyone tell me if Peacocks will be o.k in my tank? They look about 40mm - 50mm long. I have Borlei Kadango's, 2 female Kenyi about 130 - 150mm long and 3 Geraffe 120mm. The rest are pretty tame.
  10. Yellows are sweet with just about anything. I have a few community fish with my Africans and most are fine. The yellow suckers with horizontal black stripes (I should know their name - they're fairly common) are the most agressive I've had, killed many a fish in my tank. However now there's only one male left, and he's not so active.
  11. ccl replied to ccl's topic in Cichlids
    Yeah, but unfortunatly I don't know Kyles user name
  12. ccl posted a topic in Cichlids
    Kyle I know you have 2 male Kenyi and I think it's only fair that you sell me one.
  13. Thanks anyway dude.
  14. ccl posted a topic in Cichlids
    If anyone has a male I would be keen on purchacing. I have 2 very large females that are begging for it.
  15. Hey man, I'm after a male Kenyl if you have one
  16. Hi there, any fish left?
  17. ccl replied to Tye's topic in Cichlids
    Excuse my ignorance, but is Kenyl a Hybrid? I have 2 big blue Cichlids with black stripes and I think they are female Kenyl.
  18. Sorry I meant to say 26 deg
  19. I also have my Africans at 20 degn and ph8.0
  20. I have a BN and some other kind of pleco thats about 200mm now and they are fine. My Africans are around 2 years old and the majority 100-150mm long. As long as you have planty of hiding places for your BN they'll be fine (ie drift wood). I have 1 enormous Yellow Apple snail too, and he goes hard.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.