Anyone know?

livebearer_breeder

About a year back i used to have many killies in my fishroom aswell as a few other species of fish, unfortunatly i went on a 4 week trip away, and had to empty all my tanks, I loaned out many of these fish to a few people to breed/look after etc. Unfortunatly, upon returning various mishaps had taken place which meant i had no killifish left to speak of.

I wasn't too worried as i had a couple bags of peat left that had been in there drying period, but after various wetting periods they bore no fry, which i was rather disappointed with. However i did get a bunch of betta returned, which then became my main focus. Now my fishroom is almost completly claired of Betta, i would like to get a species or two of killifish breeding strong in my tanks again. I've inquired round a little and it seems that readily available killifish that where about when i was breeding them are far harder to get now, seems there has been a general decline in those who have killifish in the first place.

So my question is simply this, does anyone know of, have, selling, trading etc any, preferably, killifish eggs? If so, could you please pm me.

Cheers Shae

If you get in touch with the Pres. of the NZKA, a Christine Marshal, she should know, as she is the species coordinator.

I have quite a few species Shae, but as I have just got back from Oz, I'm not set up for breeding at the moment, hopefully soon tho.

Aquanut has three different species on T/M and pretty reasonably grown on too.

You are quite right too Shae that there are less breeders and members in the club now.

Check the yearbook and get in touch with them that way as well.

Ulun 104

Hi its Aquanut here. I am currently breeding a few species of killies which include:

australe choc, gold and another colour

Nothobranchius korthausae - yellow

Chromaphyosemion Bitaeniatum

gardneri albino

gardneri nigeriatum

Sjoestedi - King Killi's

gardneri blue

Epiplatys degati

Striatum

gardneri P82

cheers

Aquanut