New PIKES!!!!

Sirkus

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a crackup reading this, my bf's parents are english & they strange stuff they eat blows me away, dippy cheese, yorkshire puds, mushy pea soup???? wagon wheels, jaffa cakes, the list goes on, & yeah they have vinegar on their chips, hot chips not "chips" lol & they think im strange for not knowing what their freaky foods are!

there's nothing strange about yorkshire puds especially if eaten as an entree with mince and onion gravy mmmmmmmmm.

DAMN YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now i'll be wanting Black Pudding, Roast Beef + Yorkshire Pudding, Snake and Pygmy Pudding..... for the rest of the week. Who started discussing this, it is all your fault!!!! :)

For those in wellington wanting Dandylion & Burdock, there is a shop on Taranaki St(harbour End) and another in the Hutt Near the west gate centre which cater to this very need. In fact if any ex-pats want a taste of home, they can go in there and start crying with joy when they see the sherbert lemons and curly wurly's ;)

I won't mention the name of the shop, as that would be blatant advertising but needless to say, you'll be able to spot it very easy if you look for a UK flag..... :)

Open 7 days a week, 10am-5pm weekdays, 10am-4pm sat, 11am-4pm sundays.....

Dark and Kevin know the one I'm on about.

hey all!

theres 2 things to mention here, think i should start at the beginning as its usually a good place. today i was in york which is sumwhere in the middle of britain

http://www.filelodge.com/files/room17/435146/Pics/061014%20-Crenicichla%20compressiceps.jpg

Crenicichla compressiceps, only grow to 75mm

Somewhere in the middle of Britain! :o Half an hour from my house, i was born there!! I think you meant to say `in North Yorkshire` north east part of britain...just an hour down from you!! Sorry..off topic...just wanted to clear the vagueness up...!!

Toad in the hole...havent had one for over a year ......thats it weekend of cooking coming up!!..........any one know what flour I should use to get a good Yorkshire pud batter..in the UK there's only plain and self raising -need the equivilent of plain flour

lol stealing my thread, you all seem to be as interested in food as i am, trouble is, i dont have enough time in the day to eat all the food i want!!!

heres the link for anyone who wishes to carry this on

http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/english-fayreas-ingrub-sorry-food-vt16366.html

pixie janet are you moving to nz too? nice to see a more closer to home person on here :D

lol stealing my thread, you all seem to be as interested in food as i am, trouble is, i dont have enough time in the day to eat all the food i want!!!

heres the link for anyone who wishes to carry this on

http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/english-fayreas-ingrub-sorry-food-vt16366.html

pixie janet are you moving to nz too? nice to see a more closer to home person on here :D

Hello Sirkus! Sorry, no plans to leave yorkshire just yet..tho looking at wet, grey, dank weather that`s here, i`m seriously tempted!!!

i like it when it rains, it refreshes everything. so i dont think rqin in nz is guna b a problem at all for me. the sun does come out once or twice a year right? i dont know where my parents are thinkinof moving to now in nz, apparently new plymouth is too windy, wot do you expect in the pacific with no significant land mass for a 1000miles and a current sweeping through the strait to the south!lol. i doont think theres enough happenin on the south island for my family altho im sure someone will tell me otherwise (dad= electrician, mam= psych nurse)?

An electrician should be able to get work anywhere but a psych nurse has to go where the most nuts are - Auckland probably :lol:

The South Island is not for those who like a lot of people and traffic jams but great if you like extreme sports, spectacular scenery and a laid back lifestyle (and better weather) :wink: .

i dont think my parents could deal with auckland! they hate being in a city thats only 250000 people doubt a million would be to her likin even if it is twice the size of london! she wants to live sumwhere near the city edge, which i think may be a tall order. thanks for the info though caryl.

Hawke's Bay is nice too, good weather (looks out of window at icky drizzling rain!) most of the time.

There's also this to win from Napier:

http://www.napierlife.com/comp_conditions.htm

They used to have a competition for a family to come over and relocate for six months, find you a job and give you a house to live in, but they haven't done it this year.

You would find Mt Maunganui magnificent!

Dunedin is home from home(even down to a castle)

Nelson has the most sunshine.

Just to mention a few but there are heaps of nice places it might pay to google some of the areas then ask more questions.