chimera's needs help

Fay

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed last night my pink poc (which is a really nice pink) is receding on the top in about half a dozen places (similar tissue necrosis to some other acro's but on a much smaller scale). where it's receding (about a couple of mm square) its yellow in colour, perhaps a mixture of the pink and brown algae taking over? will be mega gutted if i lose this coral... :(

will post pic's later to show what it looks like

With you there!

It was my kids that were into it, Sunday afternoons we had to go to the ninja turtle shop. Me, well i didn't know one from the other so as far as the kids were concerned I was from the last century.

Was funny though, quick as, ninja turtles became no longer the "in" thing, in fact it was an embarrasement at school to have any of the stuff, it all got left at home! :lol:

First small boy lesson on the fickleness of fashion! :lol: :lol:

I noticed last night my pink poc (which is a really nice pink) is receding on the top in about half a dozen places (similar tissue necrosis to some other acro's but on a much smaller scale). where it's receding (about a couple of mm square) its yellow in colour, perhaps a mixture of the pink and brown algae taking over? will be mega gutted if i lose this coral... :(

will post pic's later to show what it looks like

Are you still dosing potassium? Too much too fast can cause tip recession.

Just a thought.

Haha there's an awesome class photo of mine from standard 1, and we could normally wear mufti but on the photo day it was compulsary uniform.

So being the only one that forgot - I'm right in the middle of a sea of blue sporting a bright white Leonardo TMNJ shirt. :lol:

I find it weird that things go suddenly off the rails and you havent really done anything very drastic to the tank. Are things looking better/stalled, or are they actually getting worse?

i think they're getting worse. acro's are looking bleached - more so than they were before - however LPS are doing better? Heading to Melbourne tomorrow for a week, typical of my luck I'll get back and everything will be dead... :evil: Only thing i can put it down to is the fluidised carbon, nothing else was dosed out of the ordinary. Will be making sure kH, Ca and Mg are sweet before I head out tomorrow, ensure CR is in check, skimmer is empty, topup water is full then just hope it comes right :-? Never managed to get around to a water change this weekend, so will have to do one when i get back (although have done 2 x 20% water changes in the last 2 weeks)

got back 2am this morning. checked tank this morning things still alive but still looking bleached/washed out. some acro's are fine, some really look like they're on there way out :evil: going to cut photoperiod down to 6 hours a day til i can do a 50% WC.