chimera's needs help

Fay

Yes, used carefully Rowaphos is an excellent phosphate remover but it can be overdone, or done too quick.

You're right it can clog pumps, one of the reasons I stopped using it & went to zeovit as a means to reduce nutrients.

But I still think Rowaphos is a great product, just not too much at once, don't make too much change too quickly, as with many things reefing. :P

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, used carefully Rowaphos is an excellent phosphate remover but it can be overdone, or done too quick.

You're right it can clog pumps, one of the reasons I stopped using it & went to zeovit as a means to reduce nutrients.

How does it clog pumps?

In my 600L system I use the recommended amount for a 400L system. This seems to work well (for both the tank and the wallet :D )

Probably I wasn't doing it right, I think my fluidiser was allowing some to get into the water column.

Actually the buildup in the pumps was calcium carbonate, I used to run a high alkalinity in those days. But while I used Rowaphos it had a brown colour to it.

Never caused my acros any problems though as i made changes slowly.