chimera's needs help

Fay

not really, I wasn't going to run carbon in a fluidised reactor because you were, I just thought it was a good idea. so why the pfft!.

I run carbon currently in a sock in a high flow area - directly in the flow of my return from the main tank with no issues, so i'm sure a reactor would be fine in my tank with carbon in it. Currently run the same reactor as you with phos remover.

Don't worry Chimera, I've got problems too, damn acros keep growing out the top of the tank.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks brendan. im going to start feeding HEAPS more til i see nitrates increase

you could use water from my tank for your water changes, nitrate of 25! :D:o

this is way out of my league, but im interested to watch to see what is causing your problems chimera, i wish you the best of luck with it all.

just a point i should add, i moved my carbon to a higher flow area last wensday, within a day my lights had more penitration, i have noticed no effect yet but im only running 2x150w mh so any extra light getting into the tank will be better for me.

hahahaaaa!!! nice one steve. im sure there are worse things to call her than "the wife" :D

i took out the fluidised reactor with carbon last night. i wont run carbon again til i see improvements and when there are, will be putting carbon in a bag this time 8) also fed double the amount of mysis shrimp last night and twice the amount of cyclopeeze. am expecting algae outbreaks but can deal with that for now, just want the acro's to recover. will see what happens over the next few months.

i called it at $468 then got the "name 2 teenage mutant ninja turtle's" question - only got one screwed the other one up. they played it further and yes, it was the one that went to $1,000 - wouldnt have done me any good anyway coz I got the @#$%#@!$ question wrong! oh well, easy come easy go :D

i called it at $468 then got the "name 2 teenage mutant ninja turtle's" question - only got one screwed the other one up. they played it further and yes, it was the one that went to $1,000 - wouldnt have done me any good anyway coz I got the @#$%#@!$ question wrong! oh well, easy come easy go :D

Whoa... Teenage mutant ninjs turtles?? :-? I am surprised that you got any. :o I would have definitely got the big goose egg on that question!! :oops:

The other dude must have been stoked then since he gets the money, right?

:D pity i didnt have notebook and internet access :lol: i was driving over the harbour bridge at the time! honestly, if you asked me off the air, i would have got most of them too, put on the spot like that while 3 dj's and a heap of listeners are waiting for an answer is a different story... i knew my second answer was wrong, just froze then gave up :(