WCMM not breeding!

SilverBlade86

Hi there, I have a 30L tank, with 3F and 1M WCMM in it. It has gravel, Java Moss and a water pump with no filteration and no heater. I do feedings 3 times a day with flake and a 25% water change every month.

Anyone knows why my WCMM is refusing to breed? I have had them for over half a year now. Should I get another male maybe if mine is .. not straight? :-?

Edit - Forgot to mention I bought a couple of Guppies a few weeks ago.

you probably need more males to get them breeding. also are you keeping other fish (like guppies) in the tank? if so , better dedicate them in their own tank if you want to breed them. filter wise..make sure dont get eggs or frys sucking into the filter...you lose frys this way in which you probably dont even see it.

I would guess 25% per month is probably not really enough water changes especially with no fitration. Lots of people do 20% or more weekly. Also you might want to wait a little while till the weather warms up and this may trigger them to breed.

Just a guess, hope it helps

:bounce:

I have my 20 litre tank on a window sill with only a small HOB filter running.

and lots of ambulia and indian fern growing.

No water changes, only top ups.

My wcmm seem to breed like crazy....seems to be the only tank that does seem to breed :lol:

they actually spawn when there is a fall then rise in temperature not while its raining. thats why they breed in the morning after a cold night when its just warming up again.

like wok and Luke suggested put it where it hits the sunlight enough for the water temp to fluctuate and remove the guppies if there is any.