external filter query

Phillip Thomson

hi ppl/members have been a fish person for anumber of years gave it away just over 3 yrs and am wanting to get bck into it. i have a large tank holds about 200L use to use underground filters and am interested in getting external one now, have looked at many types i.e. Fluval, Eheim, aqua1 and also some other unknown brands to me like Uni-max and Sera the latter 2 in cambridge. Was wondering if any1 got some suggestions or info for me please much appreciated :) thnaks all

Fluvals are silent, eheims are normally silent, another filter is a prime filter- don't know how many people have this type of filter- but this doesn't seem as quiet as the fluval or eheim, but has been running in my room with no hassles or sleepless nights, and now I'm selling it with a tank. I don't recommend cheaper models as in experience these can turn very noisy.

Good luck on your search :D

My Fluvals were very quiet when new but got louder as they aged (despite new impellers). They also blocked easily and had to be pulled apart and cleaned every couple of weeks.

My Jebo 819's have been running silently for 8 months now. They are so quiet I have to put my hand on them to feel the vibrations to ensure they are running, the water flow is just as good as it was to start with and I have yet to clean either of them.