setting up my new aro tank (alot of pics 56k warning)

evil_elmo

nope it still have bricks on it.....i wonder how long its going to take

well from my experience the ones i got from the beach and put straight in to water took couple of month and the ones i thought I'll be smart and actually leave them out to dry in the sun took well over 6 month to sink.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still not sure what else is going in, its pretty empty even with 1 aro, 9 discus, 2 parrot, 2 kissing gourami, 3 BN, 1 silver dollar...i took out the fire eel as it was eating all my BN's eggs

the only thing i might want is a giant Gourami or clown knife

giant gourami can look abit ugly when they are big and i heard that clown knife and arowana sometimes dont get along also a clown knife is like $180 down here in chch

It might look a bit empty now but wait till the fish get big then they will take up room. our 7x2x2 tank holds one silver aro and a bornio tiger plus a pleco and if we added anything elce it would look crowded.

We used to have a big royal knife but he got sick one day and never recovered, found the knifes are pretty sensitive and it was not helped with our aro bugging it.

We also had a fire eel and he was amazing and soo soo big and beautiful but he got a bacterial infection and we had no holding tank to fit a fish that size and we lost him in about 2 days it was very hard to medicate the tank.

So what do you have in there now? the plecos babies will end up getting eaten if not hiden well. we have watched our aro pick off half growen clownloaches he grew up with.. as u can imagen we wernt very happy about it.

I think if u can get a nice knife fish, a clown or a royal it would look very nice in the tank. u wil just need to make sure nuthing is sharp so it does not get scrached and you will probaly have to hand feed( target feed it) so the aro does not eat it all.

Or u could go with a bornio tiger. such beautiful fish, remids me of a little puppy that follows us for food

the BN breed inside a brick which i use to keep the driftwood down, i take out the brick and eggs once they hatch and put them into a small fry tank

i'm sorry to hear you lost so many of your great fishes, its so hard to treat such a big fish and having a spare tank that size to put them into

i normally keep an eye out on what different fishes comes into chch so it shouldnt be too hard for me to pick something up, or else i can just order something in but its always hard to spend so much on just one fish

i know that next on the list is a royal plec just have to save up for one

keep in mind clown knives (if properly housed which isnt too common here) can reach 36"+. most average 24" due to improper housing though but they are awesome fish- definatly worth the extra room!

i think royals are neat fish and when they get larger (which takes ages sadly lol) they look absolutly stunning! some gold lines do look nice- they cost more though and sometimes they arent really that gold for some reason

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...