setting up my new aro tank (alot of pics 56k warning)

evil_elmo

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

thanks Milet, you got the PM about where i got the sand/driftwood

since i'm posting i might as well give a update

the 20+ discus are all doing fine in the tank. I have 4 pairs started spawning in the tank, i took out two pairs and put them into another tank and i have no more room for the other two pair so they are just going to stay in that tank

'eely' the fire eel is super FAT and still growing by the day, i'm guessing he is about 30cm now. I also picked up some new friends for him a Tyre Track eel and a Spiny peacock eel both growing like crazy

'25' the arowana is doing great, still growing but not as fast now

DSCF0878.jpg

'25' will have some new friends joining him in that tank soon, i picked up these two about 3 weeks ago now, here is a pic of them still in the bag...they were just finishing off there egg sacks when i got them.

DSCF0825.jpg

DSCF0830.jpg

other new edition to the tank are 2 black ghost knifes, chocolate catfish

• 1 month later...

update.....

well sad news for both of the baby aros. One got eaten by 25 the BIG aro (silly me being impatient and put him in to early) and the second one jumped out hit the light and died from injures

for the good news

thanks to milet for informing me about the clown knifes at animates

i bought two and added them to the tank

DSCF0974.jpg

DSCF0988.jpg

also so sadden with the lost of both my baby aros i went and ordered another two from my favorite shop organism....i've have bought 5 arowana from them hahahaha

DSCF0986.jpg

DSCF0989.jpg

they are currently in my over crowed over planted 5ft until they are big enough to play with 25

yeah david we should check out some fishes when you are down again....damn, no one told me SIMM is feb 08...bring down your EG

Man your tanks still looking awesome! What are your new clown knives eating(and is it with lights on our light out)? Ive tried a few things but not much success...

But yeah tank looks sweet! Ive been talking to Tim at insideoceans and hopefully gonna get a 6X2X2 or bigger made up. Inspired by you lol :lol:

yeah david we should check out some fishes when you are down again....damn, no one told me SIMM is feb 08...bring down your EG

Nothing definate yet, but there was a bit of talk about it over the weekend. I'll almost certainly be bringing my car down for that, should try to get it resprayed before then so it doesn't look so embarrassing parked next to yours!!!!

Anyway, back on topic...

How big is '25' and how big are the new knives?

whats 25 stand for lol?

girlfriend got it last year for my 25th birthday

Man your tanks still looking awesome! What are your new clown knives eating(and is it with lights on our light out)? Ive tried a few things but not much success...

But yeah tank looks sweet! Ive been talking to Tim at insideoceans and hopefully gonna get a 6X2X2 or bigger made up. Inspired by you lol :lol:

thanks dude, the knifes stays at the back of the tank, hiding in the plants (i would, 25 has a big mouth :lol: ) i see them eating ox heart and bloodworms that i feed to the discus, lights on

get a monster tank!! i'm sure tim wont mind building it lol.....what size tank, tank mates is your knife with at the moment?

Nothing definate yet, but there was a bit of talk about it over the weekend. I'll almost certainly be bringing my car down for that, should try to get it resprayed before then so it doesn't look so embarrassing parked next to yours!!!!

Anyway, back on topic...

How big is '25' and how big are the new knives?

yeah it would be awesome if you bring your car down....what colour you planning to respray?

25 is about 20-22in now and the knifes are about 3in

get a monster tank!! i'm sure tim wont mind building it lol.....what size tank, tank mates is your knife with at the moment?

Lol ill see how much i can scrape out of the wallet for a tank first. but i want to get as big as i can. At the moment hes only in a 4X1.5X15 tank. And only with a Pleco and some bristlenose, i too scared he might attack soemof my other fish lol. but once i sort out what size tank i want, im gonna start looking for bigger fish,.

yeah it would be awesome if you bring your car down....what colour you planning to respray?

25 is about 20-22in now and the knifes are about 3in

Haha well it was going to be a brownish gunmetal colour (a BMW colour) that now looks far too similar to yours!!!

:o Hope the knives grow quickly...

my colour is A32 Sepang Bronze from the M5 and M6 the other brown is from the 1series called Havana brown? is it that one?

Yeah, thats the one I liked the look of, although I haven't had a good close up look at either. I'm not going to do it now, its not the first time someone stole "my" colour, tofu did the urban green on his old eg (and did an absolutely terrible job of it too!). Maybe I should just stick with red.... :(

Are you still using the FX5 in that tank? Hows it going in there, im trying to find a good filter for my next tank and i was thinking FX5.

And if you dont mind me asking :P what you do for lighting on your tank?

yeah still running the FX5 no real troubles, only thing is that the polishing pads you get for it cogs up the filter and slows the performance within one day. I also run a 403 for the surface skimmer, as for lights its just has a 4ft aqua one twin tube light. its not very bright at all but it ok for now

Yeah, thats the one I liked the look of, although I haven't had a good close up look at either. I'm not going to do it now, its not the first time someone stole "my" colour, tofu did the urban green on his old eg (and did an absolutely terrible job of it too!). Maybe I should just stick with red.... :(

tofu killed craigs old car...