Freeze dried Bloodworms

Saxsena

Hi

I am new to Bettas. I have got two males in a tank, coz separated with a tank separater. These beauites are 4 months old. I tried to feed them freeze dried bloodworms (mosquitoe Lava), but they dont seem to like it. I read on the net that its best food for them. They prefer Betta flakes above that. Why! Also do they like Brime Shrimp? I am thinking of getting the breeding utensil.

All my fish a just plain PIGGY's they act like the love freeze dried bloodworms, frozen blood worms, freeze dried tubifex, normal flake, colour bits, novo bits, white worms pretty much anything that will fit in there mouth causes a feeding frenzy.

They act like its there last dinner every night I feed them :o

all my fish love frozen bloodworms but dont like dried tubifex. Can you get live bloodworm I used to feed live bloodworm years ago but never seen it in any fish shops?

cheers Jim.

You cant buy it in shops or anything but i had lots in a bucket of water outside not long ago. It was a bucket of water sitting beside my whiteworm culture, i used to chuck the old bread from the WW's into the water and it got REAL disgusting which i think the bloodworms must love because the bucket was full of them.....

• 3 months later...

You can train fish to eat almost anything but they don't generally go for new food if you keep giving them the food they are used to. If you stop the normal food and then feed the new stuff when they are hungry they might get he habit. Frozen food is more attractive than freeze dried (until it has soaked up some moisture and become reconstituted ). Live food is best of all because fish have a natural instinct to snap at moving food.