September 17, 200620 yr comment_121386 Diving the barrier reef caused this! Brick wall,nov2004. Less brick wall,nov2005. present day,room for a few more coral,soon there wont be any rock left! :roll: Report
September 17, 200620 yr Author comment_121398 Arcadia 111pendant,14000k blv halides + one white/blue flouro. Report
September 17, 200620 yr comment_121402 westy1 Very nice, it is funny how we start with the wall and work backwards. I am finding I don't have enough room for corals as they grow they take up so much room. Especially the soft corals. Report
September 17, 200620 yr comment_121405 The new aquascape is definitely 5x better than the rock wall. So much more interesting. Very cool tank, give it another year and it will be wicked Report
September 17, 200620 yr comment_121432 Westy1 Your tank is stunning. I have a brick wall at the moment but have been thinking about re-scaping to give me more room for corals You may have pushed me over the edge Time to give some serious thought to what I want to do and get into it. Good opportunity to start a new thread Seriously though, you should be proud of your tank - it really is beautiful. Report
September 17, 200620 yr comment_121448 dude, you've still got my vote as nzl's #1 tank (that i've seen) simply stunning! Report
September 17, 200620 yr comment_121482 I have to come and see it in person looks so perfect!!! Report
September 17, 200620 yr comment_121501 it's not WYSIWYG though... it looks way better in real life the black background is definately the way to go too i reckon Report
September 17, 200620 yr comment_121504 the black background is definately the way to go too i reckon Can't see mine now Report
September 17, 200620 yr comment_121517 in wall, easy to clean I like the natural look But I don't think crud on the back wall would suit westy1's tank to beautiful and clean looking : Report
September 18, 200620 yr Author comment_121549 Howdy ,Thankyou for all the kind words.The tank must dread my return from a dive trip cos it knows its in for a shake up :roll: Leaving well alone for now Hi Fay,i use zeovit,so the mulm from the reactor feeds the corals.(The red brain senses this and often opens up to feed).Not home often enough to stick to strict dosing regime tho.cheers Westy. The back wall is just tinted dark glass,works well. Report
September 18, 200620 yr comment_121553 I like the natural look coralline encrusted distant seawater? ok Hi Fay,i use zeovit,so the mulm from the reactor feeds the corals oh no, not zeovit Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.