September 8, 200620 yr comment_120038 currently running x4 250s with all the usual accessories on my 1000ltr. power bill last couple months $550-650 freakin ridiculous!!!anyone else suffer from horrific power bills and how much??? Report
September 8, 200620 yr comment_120040 That must be the millionth thread this year with that title Yip the price of electricity is unnecessarily high, that's what you get when the government does it's best to make it expensive, and more or less impossible to get stuff through RMA. Not to mention archaic policies on nuclear energy. Report
September 8, 200620 yr comment_120042 Well, we could nuke all of 'em, but something that seems to have cut my bill is reducing the photoperiod, mine is only 5 hours, corals doing fine and must be saving some $$$. Report
September 8, 200620 yr comment_120047 That must be the millionth thread this year with that title more like 9th :lol: :lol: Report
September 8, 200620 yr comment_120049 yeah, done to death! painful completely... $519 last month for me Report
September 8, 200620 yr Author comment_120056 yeah, done to death! painful completely... $519 last month for me hmmm if its so painful why go out of your way to post??? Report
September 8, 200620 yr comment_120060 What do you expect when you run 1000w of lighting for 8 to 12 hours a day 300w heater or bigger on 24 -7 At least 200w to 400w of pumps 24 - 7 Theres not point complaining. Report
September 8, 200620 yr comment_120088 To be fair, there is no search function, so how would he know? I'm thinking how many times I've had to listen to, for example, durso versus standpipe arguments, or weird theories about iron. I DO understand pain! :lol: . So why shouldn't this guy ask one time? We could at times be a bit more welcoming :-?. Report
September 8, 200620 yr comment_120092 I'd rather pay 10x more in electricity than have Nuclear power in NZ. $600ish last month. Report
September 8, 200620 yr comment_120093 hmmm if its so painful why go out of your way to post??? :roll: the cost is painful duh Report
September 8, 200620 yr comment_120094 I take my hat off to all you guys & girls that have marine tanks, the time etc to set them up then the endless $$$ that your spending to maintain & run them. I have a freshwater tropical setup that clearly does not have the same running costs. I guess its like anything in this world, if it brings alot of pleasure it generally will cost alot. You also do have the ultimate in fish keeping setups though so keep that in mind. i'm a petrol head so I liken it to me having a Holden & you having a Ferrari. Smidey Report
September 8, 200620 yr comment_120097 10 times the price, jeess at $600 you would have a wopping power bill pies lol Report
September 8, 200620 yr comment_120101 he he we pay $1200 a month house and shop I win Oh and we are on gas for cooking and water and gas for heating!! Report
September 8, 200620 yr comment_120105 Splendidus dont take anything personally - these guys do seem awefully cranky latey. Report
September 8, 200620 yr comment_120130 Well I got sick of our growing power bill caused by our lighting system. So I decided to modify my light. I took my 3’ Aqua One (over an AR850) with 2x150w MH + 4x18w F (small by most standards) and added 3 digital timers (internally) to it so I could stagger the way the lights came on. I know that not everybody has access or knowledge to perform this, but the effect on our power bill was for us, significant. The whole thing cost me $40 in parts and is saving me more than that a month in power. I am happy. And besides, I concur with some of the other arguments, there are some prices us marine keepers just have to bare. And for the hell of the argument, bring on the nukes. Report
September 8, 200620 yr comment_120135 Splendidus dont take anything personally - these guys do seem awefully cranky latey. yeah Chimera, you have been very cranky lately Report
September 8, 200620 yr comment_120141 yeah, perhaps. i do apologise :oops: just got a short wick at the moment, stressed out at work, both kids sick, weather crap, tank p@#$ing me off... all adds up eh, im gonna head down to the garage and build a dog house, power tools YEAH! frustration released! Report
September 8, 200620 yr comment_120145 http://www.centameter.co.nz/ you could use this to check tank power usage Report
September 8, 200620 yr Author comment_120156 thankyou all and yes i havent seen any other threads on this thats why im asking!ive only just set this up properly and was use to $150-200 with my old tank so its a bit of jump in usage Report
September 8, 200620 yr comment_120160 Hear what you are saying splendidus as i said in another post what gets me is my bill for two months a couple of years ago is what i pay monthly now. I dont have that much more stuff using the electricty either. Report
September 8, 200620 yr comment_120162 I'd be perfectly happy to pay even 3 times the cost of nuclear fuel to power my tank. Last time I did the math that would cost me about $30/mo. Report
September 8, 200620 yr comment_120164 http://www.centameter.co.nz/ you could use this to check tank power usage yeah i got one of those, but for the house. to check just the tank is difficult as the transmitter clamps over the phase wire. unless you have your tank on a dedicated circuit and can get access to that rcd's phase wire, its pretty hard. you can turn everything else off though and check it highly recommend the centameter though, very cool device. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.