Everything posted by Bobyn
-
Experienced with wonderworld pet centre?
Ive had marine fish shipped from them to chch. And about to get more. They are fantastic.
- Fish photos
-
Awesome shipping and service
They put him in a container with a bag taped around it with oxygen in the bag before taping it closed. It seemed to work well and he arrived safely so they really went the extra mile to make sure he would get to me ok!
-
Awesome shipping and service
Just thought Id let people know about the great service I had from Hollywood Fish Farm Mt Roskill. So often we complain about negative things. So I thought Id share how great these guys were to me. They went the extra mile to ship a particularly aggressive fish who was chewing through fish bags!
-
Help what should I do?
I have just been informed that people have been going into Hollywoods saying it was them that did this. Id just like to make it very clear that it was NOT Hollywoods. I have had nothing but great service from the guys at Hollywoods and their shipping to Chch has always been on time and well packaged. If people are really concerned feel free to pm me but I cant post who it was on a public forum. Thanks for the advice from everyone.
-
Help what should I do?
It isa shame they do seem to get fish no one else has available. I was going to order some other fish off him but am very hesitant now.
-
Help what should I do?
No problem with the courier.It is a Dalmation Puffer
-
Help what should I do?
I dont really want to name them. But it seems they are not willing to accept anything was wrong
-
Help what should I do?
My friend bought a fish from a well known shop in the NI and paid $35 for shipping to Chch. It arrived with only a bag of water to keep it warm rather than a heat pack and absolutely covered in white spot. The water the fish was in and the other bag of water were stone cold. When we called the store they said that is how they ship fish always and there are no garantees. However the bag water and the fish water are of course going to cool at the same rate. I understand shipping live fish is at buyers risk but I feel a heat pack should have been used and am pretty sure was included in the cost of shipping, as she bought another fish from a different store and paid the same shipping and it arrived with a heat pack. It looks like after 2 weeks of treatment the fish is going to die and it was very expensive. Is there anything we can do as we believe the fish got ill as a result of the water being too cold? And how does everyone treat white spot in marines?
-
urgent help please
Just an update - the geckos tail dried up and fell off by itself! All looks ok, the gecko is still active and happy. Not sure if the part of the tail will regrow or not though. Thanks for everyones advice
-
urgent help please
Would an iodine tincture help to stop it or do I still need the tail off?
-
urgent help please
Thanks Reptilenutt. Do you have photos of what the tail looked like before it dropped off?
-
urgent help please
Theres a little bit of red on one side but not the whole way around. You can see the red, very blurry, in the first photo I checked her an hour ago and she was still doing ok. She is still very active and feisty. Just the tail dying and a bit skinny.
-
Places that sell reptile carper??
I use the browny one from bunnings. Looks like sand rather than grass.
-
hold light on car flashing
If it happens again, Im pretty sure its the button on the auto gear stick, king of like over drive in other cars. I did the same thing in my Mums mazda roadster, took me ages to figure it out.
-
Flatmate wanted Chch!!
Hey guys. Thought I would post this here as we are looking for a flatmate who is equally animal nuts as we are. 3 Bedroom house in Phillipstown chch. Pm me if you would like further details.
-
Rabbits- Advice on requirements please.
Rabbits need plenty of vegies. It may make their poos runny if they are not used to it, so should be built up bit by bit. But they definately need lots of vegies. I think its like a cup a day per rabbit! In the wild their diet would mainly consist of grass and greens, so its really important they get enough. And cat biscuits for rabbits is really not good either. There are pellets specially designed for rabbits that are far, far better for them. Lettuce is not good for rabbits. It consists mainly of water and will give them runny poos. Heres some good vegies. Alfalfa, radish & clover sprouts Baby bok choy Basil BroccoliBrussels sprouts Carrot & carrot tops (not too much) Celery Clover Dandelion greens and flowers (no pesticides) Green peppers Mint Raspberry leaves Spinach (sparingly) Watercress Wheat grass Lucerne Chaf is really good too. :happy2: Angora rabbits need a hutch up off the ground as well.
-
Rabbits- Advice on requirements please.
Angoras are hard to get, but super cute. I know of some that will be coming up if you are interested!
-
Beardie Breeders
Hoping to have some babies here too.
-
Featherfin Synodontis - smiling assasin?
Ive got one. Hes been fine in a big enough tank. The only thing that ever went missing was a tiny bumble bee goby
-
Sexing young leopard geckos
Did he replace with another one that wasnt a male either, or not replace it at all?
-
Sexing young leopard geckos
Yeah thats pretty good of him. So maybe he does have some way of sexing. Wish I knew what it was!!
-
Sexing young leopard geckos
But you knew when buying that it was not certain they would be male. Some people buying off there may not know.
-
Sexing young leopard geckos
If they choose to keep secrets to themselves thats fine, I just personally think a little more openess would encourage more people into the hobby thats all. I am in no way against people keeping info to themselves. What I do have a problem with is if they are infact lying (not saying they are it just seems that way in my opinion.) then thats not fair on people who were hoping to breed and get into the hobby and in the long run gives others in the hobby a bad name and has a detrimental affect on all of us. If they do have some way of sexing that none of us know, hey good on them, its completely up to them to share or keep for thamselves. Id rather they shared of course. I just happen to think, and it is purely my own speculation, that they are not being honest about being able to sex at 100% certainty so young.
-
Sexing young leopard geckos
Exactly, the way I see it the more help and info we spread the more people will become interested making the market for sales widespread, so even if people are only breeding for the sales (which is not why I have my trio) the openess can only help the market not hinder it.