Everything posted by StarFish
-
HEATING LIGHTING AND FILTRATION OF MANY TANKS!
LOL well we rent through Harcourts and I have asked them about a time frame but they can never give a solid time frame. Nevermind. Well Ive been in the game for quite some time, when I lived in the UK we had 7 tanks going at once. including a 6footer, everything seemed cheaper over there though LOL. Ill see how I get on.. now Im thinking a bearded dragon would be COOL! hahahahaha fish,cats, dogs, reptiles what next?! we used to have frogs and newts in the UK too, I do have a lot of spare time and enthusiasm, just not a hell of a lot financially unfortunately. I would love to have a super sized outdoor aquarium one day, you know the one, the one with MONSTER fish, OH YEAH!
-
HEATING LIGHTING AND FILTRATION OF MANY TANKS!
The worst part is we dont even own our own home so imagine if we get told we have to move after setting this up. OMG I dont even want to think about it AT ALL!!!!!! moving fishtanks is not fun.
-
Cheap and easy tank stand! HOW??
LOL thanks I do realise that I guess it will be a heated room, or many heaters
-
Water Changing . Straight from the cold tap or warm it up
Hmm.. weve ALWAYS warmed the water a little in the winter, but in the summer its sweet
-
HEATING LIGHTING AND FILTRATION OF MANY TANKS!
Yeah that thought has crossed my mind but Im thinking they will be going out in the garage.. duno yet..
-
Cheap and easy tank stand! HOW??
I wonder if an electric blanket on setting 1 would do the same trick.... lol
-
HEATING LIGHTING AND FILTRATION OF MANY TANKS!
Hey thanks for the tips, if you could give me more information in a basic step by step way in regards to the central box/sponge filtration system that would be great! Or even pics! even awesomer! Thanks loads for your help guys it really is appreciated!!!! Star^ <><
-
HEATING LIGHTING AND FILTRATION OF MANY TANKS!
I know alot about fish and plants, but just not enough on the big scale side of many tanks keeping. (I would love to own my own FS oneday lol. WHO WOULDNT?! ) HOWEVER I need to learn some basic setup skills first. So my question is, how to heat and filter and light many without having to use seperate heaters and filters, lights for every tank. What is the best way of doing this? and also preferably without drilling holes into glass :-? Granted our tanks are quite large so they may need seperate filters for the bigger ones.... Star^ <><
-
Cheap and easy tank stand! HOW??
Thanks Caryl I think that is most probably what we will do. Where do you get heating pads from and how much do they cost? I might post a new topic about heating and filtration of many tanks with one swoop is that makes sense. We have 6 tanks that we would like to run etc and if we can do this altogether somehow that would be awesome. star^ <><
-
Cheap and easy tank stand! HOW??
Ok so over the last 2 days I have scored 6, YES 6 very large fishtanks. All without stands or anything. I want to know whats the cheapest and easiest way to make stands for them that will take the weight. Like blocks and wood? Im not too handy so wont be making my own cabinets in a hurry, but something that is durable and cheap to set up, because I dont mind putting material over the ugly part and making do. Largest tank must be getting on for 300 - 350+ litres. Any suggestions, photos, tips and examples would be most welcome. THANKS!!!! Star^
-
WE HAVE BABYS!! :D:D orange zebras
I was told it wouldnt be too hard, fed them some wormys tonight and a little streak of white lightening popped out, I thought my eyes were playing tricks, but nope! we have some babys! Dont have a head count as of yet, who knows if they will survive but they are of a decent size already so fingers crossed. Dad is a stroppy one... any experience and wisdom from other zebra breeders would be most welcome. YAY! I squealed with delight I almost gave my partner a heart attack LOL :lol: :lol: :bounce: :bounce: Star^ :bounce: :bounce:
-
ORANGE ZEBRA'S - FINALLY setup with fish!
One is a coral/shell and the other is also just a shell :-) They seem to like them, theyve already dug out a cave underneath them and one likes to hide in the smaller shell so its almost like having a proper shell dweller! :lol:
-
ORANGE ZEBRA'S - FINALLY setup with fish!
We bought this tank off someone in Taranaki(stratford), she bought it off an older couple also in taranaki who had some standard tropicals in there for a while, it only has the one light.. I know its not HUGE for cichlids but we arent planning to overstock, will just keep some and see how it goes, this is tank number 2 so we can always move things around as the other tank we have is much larger. I havent noticed them caring about the plants as of yet but will keep an eye on them, generally in the past we have only had anubias and java fern in our cichlid tanks too , so will see how the lotus and lilaeopsis survive. :-)
-
Air pump?
Thats true, however I doubt any of my fish are from the wild but that is a very good point, I tend to over worry about the sanity and health of them :lol: :lol:
-
ORANGE ZEBRA'S - FINALLY setup with fish!
:lol: I chose that pic cos it was the best but I knew the bathroom would get a few giggles :P We bought the tank off trademe a couple of weeks ago and we had it filled for a while but could only get some fish for it last week Hoping that the tiger lotus will grow back a bit better soon, but the lilaeopsis is doing really well
-
Orange Zebra's
Hey thanks for that I had a read and it was very informative They are already showing signs of breeding, I have 1 male and 2 females, they are still smallish as you can see, we just bought them from the LFS. We will add more fish soon hopefully, unfortunately our tank isnt long as it says in that article, so will just see how it goes, we could always swap some over from the other tank or get a whole new tank altogther :lol: :lol: hehehe
-
Orange Zebra's
Any info on these from anyone who has some or has had experience with them would be great Heres a pic of our new little un's, they got some new hiding places today and seem more than impressed
-
ORANGE ZEBRA'S - FINALLY setup with fish!
We FINALLY got some fish for our new tank after having it set up for a couple of weeks, so I havent even posted for a while wanted to wait until it was all ready. We finally made our minds up and due to lack of much choice, on Orange Zebra Cichlids, today we added some black planting pots and loads of stones, already (its been less than an hour) they are establishing their territorys, and possibly showing interest in breeding, I am 99% sure we have one male and 2 females (male is lighter than the females) and he has been shaking his stuff at them. Although they are still quite young so perhaps are'nt quite old enough yet im not sure. Id appreciate any info and experience people have with these cichlids, so far they are awesome! :bounce: Heres the pics!!!! dont mind the bathroom in the background :lol:
-
New Tank and want Cichlids.. but which??
They look amazing and I think that would be a fantastic choice, however I am unsure if we can get these in New Zealand, and I fear that we probably cant...
-
SHELL DWELLERS!?????????
Oh right, thanks caryl will look into it
-
New Tank
YAY! we now own the tank! it is home safe and sound and we are currently in the cleaning and gravel adding process. I am happy with it apart from some bubbling on the front of the lid, oh well :D:D:D:D:D
-
SHELL DWELLERS!?????????
Thats great can I have his forum name so I can pm him? Thanks
- Phostrogen??
-
clown loaches
Yeah from what Ive read breeding is very hard, Im not sure about the sensitive to salt part (hence I wouldnt have mentioned it) youll have to do some online research, but if you think youve heard or read that somewhere then I would probably be inclined to take note of it, but then they could also be sensitive to shop bought treatments as well......
-
SHELL DWELLERS!?????????
Hmm importing sounds expensive..... and who is bob?