Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Orange Zebra's

Featured Replies

Any info on these from anyone who has some or has had experience with them would be great :D

Heres a pic of our new little un's, they got some new hiding places today and seem more than impressed ;)

2443942149_5c21ec2554_o.jpg

I keep and breed these.. Also known as red zebra's even though they're not red..

Typical zebra's can be quite agro and look after themselves especially when breeding.. I keep mine in a mixed tank with all sorts in it and they get along alright :) They can also get relatively big relatively quickly (15cm's or so for a male) I have also found like most zebra's the males can get very agro towards females I have 1m 4f and that seems to work alright. The ones that I have the males are pink and the females stay orange, however there are different strains some males stay orange some go red and apparently some are blue but I haven't seen any of them.

How big is your tank and how many did you get? What sexes are they? Did you get them from a breeder or petshop?

Another important point I should add is if you house these with any other zebra species it is very likely they will cross breed so bear this in mind when stocking your tank and also potentially breeding and selling any babies (don't pass hybrids on). I have to catch mine out of the display tank put them in their own tank to breed and then stick them back when im done breeding them to ensure the babies are pure.

Heres a link for you.

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/met_estherae.php

  • Author

Hey thanks for that I had a read and it was very informative :)

They are already showing signs of breeding, I have 1 male and 2 females, they are still smallish as you can see, we just bought them from the LFS.

We will add more fish soon hopefully, unfortunately our tank isnt long as it says in that article, so will just see how it goes, we could always swap some over from the other tank or get a whole new tank altogther :lol: :lol: hehehe

Awesome well I hope you enjoy them :) If I had known someone was wanting some I could have sold you some I have a heap here growing out that would be ready in a few month's alot cheaper than the petshops and they are third generation babies and I have seen no randoms so they're pure which is always 50/50 with petshop fish especially zebra's.

They should be alright in a 200L tank just watch the males aggression and give them a heap of places to hide, adding some more fish would help.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.