New Tank

StarFish

I think the true obsession has begun again, we used to have 6 tanks in our tiny flat in the UK, and my partner said to me just one tank! when back in NZ, but anyway we are hopefully picking up this beauty on saturday, not as large as the tank in our room, probs half the size.

I think its 60 x 60 x 60cm, so its a square.

Anyone know the amount of water this will hold? Im thinking just under 200L, but I could be wrong.

2400239886_a28f265ec2_o.jpg

:bounce:

Im thinking a few cichlids.....

I'm thinking planted cubes look AWESOME :lol:

Dantez girl, I have a stainless steel 50W in my little 36 litre tank. Looks nicer (tho I hide it behind plants anyway). However, it wasn't strong enough to keep the tank warm in a student flat in the middle of winter haha. Small tanks obviously harder to keep warm tho

ss heaters are more expensive they are normally used for turtles and big fish like oscars that will pick them up and bang them around + the other good thing about ss heaters is that the temp controller is in the outside of the tank so it makes it easier to change the temp. :D

Yes thats true I noticed that the temp control is a little remote on the outside, which is very cool, I havent used a ss heater before but if/when we get this one I will let you know how it is.

:D Oh p.s about $95 for a ss heater RRP :)

Yup, plus it has a little suction cup for sensing the 'in tank' temperature, so you set it away from the heater a bit.

The temp control is cool, but seeing as I have changed the temp probably a total of 3 times in the past year and a half, its usefullness is debatable :wink:

lol it is. Going to rip the moss wall out (and try to flog it off on trademe) and make it pretty. Has the moss, a different bit of driftwood, and is basically an ambulia propogation tank :roll:

Sorry for hijacking your thread starfish!! Show us pics of the tank when you get it filled 8)

haha no worrys! thats what topics are for! I will certainly add to this conversation when I get and have the tank filled, I spoke to the person selling it and she is looking into what she believes is an old 600L tank that they havent used for quite some time... hmmmmm :o :lol: :D:P:wink: