We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.
Everything posted by enzoom1
-
NOOOOO!! Why me!!??
Got the tank today (thanks HFF peoples for bringing it out). I am actually fairly disappointed with the new the replacement tank; there was silicon smudges and handprints all over the glass which was a bit of a pain to get off, the lids where made weirdly and completey different sizes and shapes to the ones we had before hand so I couldn't just switch over the old lids which I liked (they had a glass handle on front bit ). The lids also didn't have many corners cut off so I can't get the hoses for my filter into tank. I'm going to a glass workshop tomorrow to get the lids fixed. I don't know who made the tank so I'm sorry if I offended anyone on here.
-
Capturing Cute Challenge
LOL you're so kind :lol: 8)
-
NOOOOO!! Why me!!??
Thanks Whetu, but there'll be no need for an extra tank. The other platy turned up dead an hour ago and the rest of the tank mates are fine together. I'll be keeping up water changes in the tank as they're quite messy. Thanks anyway
-
2 Degrees sim/mobile
I'm in the same situation here, telecom is quite good here but vodafone coverage is completely crap at our house. There's only 1 or 2 spots where we are lucky to get 2 bars.
-
NOOOOO!! Why me!!??
It wasn't as bad as it could have been as we got all the rugs off the ground although most had already been fairly soaked The floor in the living room is tongue and groove floorboards so some of the water soaked through the floor, under the house so atleast the water did spread throughout the whole house. Thank god someone was home or else it could have been MUCH worse Update on the fish: The two platies that had been tank sitting the 120L both got quite a beating mysteriously last night Both were left with a lot of cuts and rips, one died and had its eyes missing and the other ones still hanging on in there. I'm guessing it was the angels but who knows with those lot of fish :roll:
-
NOOOOO!! Why me!!??
Don't know how it happened because it's been setup for 7 months, but I'm definate it started from the chip on the corner of the tank. Just a big crack out of nowhere and water started gushing out. I guess just over time with the pressure it just gave way?
-
NOOOOO!! Why me!!??
Yeah it sucks alright. But luckily someone was here that could do something about it so all was not lost. Here's a couple of pics of the crack. It runs from the bottom corner all the way diagonally to the top. It looks like it originates from a chip in the glass that the tank maker has tried to glue back in with silicon. Obviously, not such a good idea.. :-? and here's a pic of the siliconed chip.. And finally here's where the 1 senegal, 2 peru angels, 1 parrotfish, 1 leopard ctenopoma, 1 blue dempsey, 1 bristlenose and 1 siamese algae eater got dumped into (both angels are being ninja and hiding behind the big ornament somehow :-? )
-
NOOOOO!! Why me!!??
To cut the long story short, my 4fter cracked!! :evil: Uhg! All 370 litres emptied out of the tank into my living room! Luckily, I have my 120 litre tank setup and waiting for puffers or else I don't know where all the fish would have gone. HFF have said that they'll replace it by sunday as they have to make it and then leave it to cure etc.. It's all I have time to write now but will add some pics or the crack tonight.
- Word Association
-
Animates "Pimp Your Tank" competition: Winners?
Romeo.. Your first picture of your tank isn't showing up, but something else is...
-
My peruvian angels spawned :D
Yep, got everything I need for it. The platies won't stay in there once the puffers are in.
-
is this plant safe for my tank??...
I remember a while back that there was some mossy looking stuff in a trough that I thought would look cool in my tank. I did a bit of a quarantine before I put it in my tank and all these wierd beetle and worm things came out of it
-
my little darlin Milly
Shes cool 8) Is she albino or just pure white?
-
My peruvian angels spawned :D
Um not sure the age but they're quite big. The guy at bird barn said a man had dropped off the whole lot. So I guess if you dropped off them at BB then it has to be you Decided against it. They're a nice addition in my big tank so I'd like to keep them there for now. I have got 120L tank setup atm with only 2 platies in it, BUT its for figure eight puffers (which I don't have atm )
- Word Association
-
My peruvian angels spawned :D
Looks like everybodys been filling up on eggs :evil: :evil: :evil: They tried fighting them away but once a parrotfish, blue dempsey and leopard ctenopoma get hungry, theres no stopping them. So... they started joining in themselves :evil:
-
My peruvian angels spawned :D
I noticed today after I got back from school that my two peruvian angels had laid eggs on the intake pipe for my filter. :bounce: They're quite large and I bought them from bird barn about 2 weeks ago now. They were in a tank of about 8 (they were from the same spawn apparently) so I bought a large one and a small one hoping they would be male and female. But from what I've seen is that the smaller one is going vertical (about 1cm away) along the eggs slightly humping them, so I guess the smaller one is a boy and the larger one is a girl. I'll try to get some picks up tonight.
-
Unusual Fish Pics
Haha! That's awesome! :bounce:
-
Unusual Fish Pics
Neither :-?
-
Pantodon Butterfly Tank Size?
60L tank would be good for a pantadon butterflyfish. You might find that they look a bit, well, dead. Just floating at the top.. But hey, u mite find it cool lol It shouldnt be kept with fish the occupy the upper region of the tank and that are small enough o be swallowed.
-
Bolivian Rams vs Guppies!!!
Bolivians will be fine with you guppies. My bolivians dont care about anyone except eachother and their territory.
-
How fast can you type?
Net Speed: 43 WPM Accuracy: 100% Gross Speed: 43 WPM Thats pretty good for me
-
culcium sand is dangerous!!!! dont buy it!!
cAlcium Heh! Sorry I get annoyed with little things like that :roll:
- Word Association
-
weird green slime algae
Ok well it's been a while since my last post on this thread. Just tonight I have dosed the (120L) tank with 500mg approx. of Erymthromycin as directed by the internet gurus and by the friendly staff at HFF. I've been putting off doing anything with this cyano except cleaning as much as I can out once a week, and now I realise that it was a bad idea SO, I hope this erythromycin works well. :-? 8)