User Names in Year Book

Caryl

OK. I managed to confuse a lot of people by asking people to let me know if the DIDN'T want their user name from here to be added to their Year Book details :roll:

I figured I would get the definite NOTS this way and the YES people would also add their bit. Some did, but others didn't as they quite rightly pointed out I had asked for those who were against it so they didn't reply.

This won't work as I need permission to print your user name in the Year Book so, if you have not already agreed to this (and many of you have already done so, so thank you) PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF IT IS OK TO ADD YOUR USER NAME TO YOUR YEAR BOOK DETAILS if you haven't already done so. FNZAS MEMBERS ONLY PLEASE 8)

I have time to add other user names as I was held up unpardonably by some clubs not sending their details in on time. As a consequence, I will only be able to start the magazine print runs tonight, starting with the AW, so magazines (you get the August AW plus the YB posted together this month) will not be out until at least next week.

I would apologise for the delay but it is not my fault :evil:

If you want to know who to blame, the worst offenders were HBAS, Waikato and North Shore :wink: :lol:

Fatdog you need to PM me with your real name so I know who you are 8)

Wok, it is the club secretaries whose job it is to get the lists and caps in, not the FNZAS secretary's job! Nothing to do with Mekhaela.

I gather there was plenty of pushing wok but...

Finally got North Shore's list this morning Willy.

By the way, I started printing the AW covers this afternoon. Won't be long now - well, another week perhaps. Takes a few hours to print covers as they have to go through at half speed and single side at a time. Pages take 2 or 3 days each magazine to print all plus I also have to do the YB covers, again one side at a time. THEN we have to fold, staple, join 2 mags together, wrap, address and stamp them all (x2). Hope to have a final full master list sent tonight so I can then build up a new mailing list.

It is times like this I wonder why I do this job - especially when I discover the majority don't even bother reading them :cry:

Oh the AW gets read by most, I was referring to the YB.

Grant will help. I also have 2 club members willing to help, and they have done so for a couple of years, but they work long hours and have busy lives too.

Not speaking on behalf of the club but it might be useful to communicate reminders about the due dates well in advance to avoid the last minute rush? Perhaps even deadline it sneakily a week before it's needed? ;) I think club name dropping is bad form and bad press for those clubs, although I understand you are frustrated.

Perhaps a lot of people don't read the yearbook, but then if it is needed, it would be very handy, e.g going to stay the weekend in Wellington and want to visit some names from the forum. There will be more interest this year also with lots of new members and for the first time having real names put to user names. I don't think anyone is stressing much about the time it is taking to get the AW and YB, I don't think about it until I get it. It is probably a big thing for you as you seem very organised. Any way, myself and gf enjoy reading it all when it comes. Cheers for all the hard work Caryl.

What about burning the info on disk instead of printing and then sending them out to the club secretaries to hand out.

that should save time and money.

You could even include homemade movies or cellphone movies :lol:

Dave, as a member of the FNZAS exec., and Pres of WAS, should know better than have the WAS club in a position to have to be named.

No excuse there at all!!

Wasn't it the WAS club that got a trophy or a mention with the biggest % increase last year??

The hardest part for the NZKA is to get the money in from the members and prospective members on time.

But at least we have an excuse, we only have a meeting once a year, so can't eyeball the team.

But it would of been nice to have a "sorry I won't be joining up this year" from those not wishing to come back.

That way we wouldn't have to keep sending out reminders.

Alan 104

It has been steadily getting harder and harder to get information and capitation fees in on time. Despite regular reminders going to clubs it would seem they get lost at committee level.

In my travels I've discovered not all clubs are as organised as others. Not matter how much you try to help them with reminders, emails and phone calls, things just don't happen.

I will be working with clubs this year to try to improve the current situation. It appears we need a common form for membership application. Every club should be using membership forms EVERY year for existing members to rejoin. Not only does this give the club the legal financial record of their payment but updates the membership records with new addresses, phone numbers and email.

I will be circulating a new membership form to all clubs in the near future. It will have check-boxes to cover the legal privacy law element of the yearbook. There will also be a new field for FNZAS Website username. This will also help ensure we get all the required information to assemble the yearbook and also ensure it is consistent from club to club.

Also on the form will be the final date the membership list AND capitation cheque must be in by. Any submissions after this date will be omitted in the yearbook.

It's long overdue that we tidy up our acts (all clubs) and make sure we all do our bit to make the voluntary job we club execs do much easier.

Not speaking on behalf of the club but it might be useful to communicate reminders about the due dates well in advance to avoid the last minute rush? Perhaps even deadline it sneakily a week before it's needed? ;) I think club name dropping is bad form and bad press for those clubs, although I understand you are frustrated.

While naming these clubs may not be the best form, it's certainly going to inspire them to get their act together next year!!

All clubs get notified of the due date for the lists and payments to be in by. It's also listed in the yearbook. Any club or club member claiming they don't have the information needs only look in their yearbook to find when any and all of the clubs responsibilities are due by. It's a club's committee's responsibility to make sure they do whats required.

Can't remember how many phone calls and how many hours I've wasted chasing people...

What about burning the info on disk instead of printing and then sending them out to the club secretaries to hand out.

that should save time and money.

You could even include homemade movies or cellphone movies :lol:

Our constitution requires us to produce a quarterly journal. It's one of the objects of the society. As such, it must be made in paper form. It does not mean it can't be put on some form of electronic media as well though.

Caryl is already very busy creating the AW and YB. Maybe if there is enough interest, the AW and YB could be professionally sourced on CD at an extra cost to members.