Baby Sparkling Gourami.

Zev

Whilst staring at my community tank today, contemplating what to prune out of it, this little fella swam by. (Sorry, fuzzy photo, camera focused on the heater knob. Male in front, Jr behind, and Mr 'I want to be in every photo' DG in the back.)

sparkling-dad-n-jr.jpg

I thought, heck one of my Sparkling Gourami has shrunk!

But after a count up, there are not three, but four.

So... a couple of them have been busy in the - ahem... lush undergrowth? More like rampant jungle, complete with hair algae. No wonder the little guy survived in the tank to get this big.

Sparkling-mum.jpg

This is Mum, trying to entice one of the males, doesn't he look soo attentive??

stunning pictures :D

You don't want to know how many pics are in the trash of my computer trying to get these two!

As it is, I still don't have a clear one of Jr yet, and I was sitting in front of the tank with the camera for ages.

Mr bossy Dwarf Gourami either chases everyone around, or sits right in front of the camera!

Colours are a bit out, and you can't see the lovely sparkly blue of their eyes and fins.

The back of the tank has Ambulia and Java Moss all the way up to the top, and there is a patch of Riccia on the surface to keep Mr Bossy Dwarf Gourami occupied. So, plenty of places to hide, from me and the gannet tetras!

Lovely fish.

May have to get some off you when I am next in the Bay.

Labour Weekend perhaps.

I only have the four in total, Wok! But if I manage to breed any more, I will let you know.

Nah, Wok, you keep you blue pills for yourself.

My Dwarf Gourami certainly don't need any!

If you are heading this way in October, I will have some Dwarf Gourami ready to go, if you are interested.