ps. demasoni

JoandWilly

Yeah ours look awesome too cant wait to see them bigger in the big tank.. :D Peanuts why wait for your tank to get setup? I dont know how long they will be avaliable and you wouldn't need a huge tank to hold some until you get the bigger tank up.. Would hate for you to miss out these look like great fish..

Yeah they are mighty small at the mo... well ours are anyways, like only 2cm, couldn't believe they were actually selling fish that small, we dont sell our's till they are what i call big enough, depending on the size they grow up to, with most of our malawi's thats when they are at a sexable age.

Yeah ours are the same size we got them from the same place.. Presume everyone in nz got them the same size, They are small but I guess they can sell them at that size because were all buying them.. They are a perfect size to go into our grow out tank with all the other babies so we dont care..

My first brood was 12. I was suprised to see that many. was told that to be a good number.

Yep they are agro, mine are in a 4 footer with yellows, all is well.{TW} I have heard some horror stories about fish that these guys have killed, cichla in one case :o that was in a lfs.

The guy I bought mine off has his colony in a 2 foot tank, with just a corner filter. Reckons its to hard for them to hold an area & be agro.

I went the other way, go for a larger tank, heaps of rock work & throw in a peaceful cichlid that is way different in colour & temprament. Seems to be working at the moment. I started with 12, now have 8. Bought 4 more, back to 8. :roll: It has been at 8 for a while now, so I think I leave at that.

Frenchy :D