Feeding Copper Band

Duke

Added Copper Band in the weekend, might have started my white spot problem.

Anyway as usual the copper band is not eating.

I tried a syringe cable tied on to a long piece of pipe and used a stick through another piece of pipe to push the end of the syringe and target feed the CB with Brime and bingo he's eating it.. he sits in the corner and I move the syringe close and slowly dispenece the brime.

If he's eating brine, you can probably get him eating mysis, which will be a lot more nutritious, although it is messy in the tank.

Another thing to try, is get some live mussels, shell & freeze them, then grate with a fine cheese grater. This can be kept in the deep freeze & fed as required, a very complete food.

Need to grate with a fine cheese grater, normal cheese graters make pieces which are too big for the copperband to swallow.

All the usual fish we keep love it, & thrive on it, it is very close to what they eat in nature.

But mussels can ( so I've heard ), add a high amount of phosphate to the tank, so may be best fed in balance with other foods.

Back in 1985 when I got my first saltwater fish only tank, mussel was the only thing I fed, as commercial foods were not available for marines. Had that tank for I think 4 years and they all did well on it, did not lose one fish, which is better than I've done over the last few years.

i also got a cb and a yt and cleaner shrimp on sun all doing realy well feeding good the tang cleaning up any algea both are gobbling up frozen brine shrimp the cb is getting cleaned by the new shrimp, been watching the cb at a fish shop since jan and he seemed to a handle a lot of hassling so i grabed him ,when i get new fish now i keep them in the dark for a day and they seem to like , i lost a nice striped rass a while a go wish i had of kept in the dark for a while.

east road pets invercargill she has a big turnover in everything not a lot of marines like up your way, salt water not big down here ,plenty of crays in the restaurants though,thats brob why it was still there hes about 3 1/2 in how old would he be

Here is a pic of mine getting fed while he was still learning. Now he's a pig eats everything I put in, and keeps up / beats the other fish.

Apologies to those who already saw this pic last time I posted it :-?

copperband3.jpg

CB feeding system.

IMG_6576Small.jpg

Works good but I have to feed the other fish at the same time, my trigger know this delivers food and hes a pig'>

Works good but I have to feed the other fish at the same time, my trigger know this delivers food and hes a pig

I must have an easy cb, not even had him a week yet and he feeds from hand, eats blood worms as well, i wont give him new hatch brine shr in case he packs a sad and wants it all the time, yt and brown nemo killed fire shrimp today first time hes come out to clean someone and got wiped out

• 2 weeks later...

Feed my all my fish at the same time and did not use the syringe method. Dam funny watching the CB darting around the tank trying to catch food but being to slow. The food moves and he misses it. Had to turn off the streems to give him a chance.

Hes eating well now more and more each day.