Auckland Fish Keepers Club - zoo visit

I have managed to secure a behind the scenes tour of the reptile and aquarium sections of the Auckland zoo (very excited). I have yet to work out exact details as the zoo are in the middle of some exciting changes, but it looks like it will be in approximately one months time. For those that are interested in coming and already belong to the Auckland Club please PM me by July the 7th to secure your place

Also for anyone interested in joining our club you are more than welcome to come along and join our visit to the Auckland Zoo, please PM me aswell and i can work out the detail.

Cheers

Seahorsemad

P.S We will try not to leave certain members at the zoo, but no guarantees.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update about the Zoo behind the scenes tour. The cost of attending the tour is $25.00 per person. This includes a 45 minute tour of the aquarium and reptile exhibits and entrance into the Auckalnd zoo. I am going to book for the 26th of August. Please let me know if you would like to attend by the 31st of July and how many of you will be attending. Payment is due by 08/08/06.

Cheers

Seahorsemad

Hi everyone

I have some good news and some bad new

Bad news: Zoo trip is going to have to be posponed

Good News: Somebody sat down beside me yesterday at work and said "How would you like to go to Arizona, USA on the 9th of August (this year, like two weeks away), to study Caterpillars through earthwatch. All expenses are paid?" As you could imagine it didnt take me long to get back to them on that one!! So i am a little shell shocked and have heaps of organising to do before i go to Arizona, but promise to re organise the trip when i get back and will try to share all my aquatic supplies that i pick up along the way

Cheers

Seahorsemad

So.....

Are we invited along too, to study caterpillars with you? :roll:

Better take some Rattle snake repellant with you too :wink: I hear they pack quite a bite.

Have you been cleared by the U.S. government for such a secretive mission?

have fun.. don't let the crawly things bite :wink:

I dont have time to interview for the bag carrier position so i think i might just have to carry my own bags this time (lol). But i shall keep you all in mind. My company sponsors earthwatch and has sponsored a few applicants from my company to go. I was unsuccessful when i applied last year, but it looks like someone pulled out, so i was next in line.

Will try and find an aquatic store or two in the States and take lots of photos for you all

Hi pawz, I have to be there by the 9th of August and at this stage i do not know when i leave. i am staying in the Chiricahua National Park, which is at the other end of Arizona, so i am not sure if a visit to the Grand Canyon will be an option at the moment, but you never know. As for the temp, hoping as i am in the mountains it wont be too hot, but it is an excuse to go and buy some new clothes so i am not too worried about it.

Congratulations! I LOVE Arizona! Definitely take a camera and say "YES" to any offer from a local to take you sight-seeing.

I was in that part of the US during August a couple of years ago and it was unbearably hot at the low altitudes, then you just climb slightly and go into a canyon or something out of the sun and suddenly it's freezing cold and you're breathing steam!

I drove the length of the USA on that trip (Canada to Texas and back) so I did that whole bottom corner there - Colorado, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and Utah. Would go back and do it all again in a heartbeat.

By the way, say hello to the caterpillars for us :bounce:

• 4 weeks later...
How about attending a Auckland Fishkeepers Meeting sometime?

We do talk about fish too :o

Heck yah, I'd love to. I just found this site a day or two ago, so hooking up with others with same interest (and a lot more experience with fish) would be wonderful :D

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

Have been back in contact with the zoo and due to some exciting developments they have asked that we push back the date. So i can now confirm that we are booked for the 25th of November. Price is still $25.00 per person which includes entry into the Auckland Zoo and a 45 minute tour behind the scenes through the Aquarium and reptile exhibits. I need to get back to the Zoo with exact numbers and payment by the next club meeting. Anyone that is interested in joining us on this trip please PM me or join us at our next club meeting on the 10th of October at the Green Bay Community Hall.

Cheers

Seahorsemad

• 3 weeks later...

Don't Forget

If you want to go to the Behind the scenes tour of the Zoo you need to get in touch with Seahorsemad by tomorrow.

Even if you have only an inkling of going... let her know.

Cheers

Paul

• 1 month later...

Hi All

I have been advised by the zoo that they will have to postpone the visit again due to personnel issues which means that the area that we would visit is currently not suitable to have groups go through.

The zoo is hoping to reschedule for feb next year and send there apologies to all that have enquired about the trip

Cheers

Seahorsemad