June 16, 200620 yr comment_106059 I have a damsel that is unwilling to get cought..... I need to shift it from my main tank for a while but damned if I can catch it. Every time I have a go it darts into the rocks never to be seen again. I have even tried leaving the net in the tank for a day so it can get use to it. I have covered the glass with paper so it cannot see me coming...... what more can I do?????? Any tips or ideas please Report
June 16, 200620 yr comment_106065 i used 1/2 a live mussel in a bait catcher, had to trim the entry hole so he could fit. caught in @ 2hrs. Report
June 16, 200620 yr comment_106100 Remove all the rock and 90% of the water from your tank?? :lol: Report
June 16, 200620 yr comment_106124 tiny fly hooks, take the barb off though works well and its fun Report
June 16, 200620 yr comment_106144 Remove all the rock and 90% of the water from your tank?? :lol: thats what I did :roll: Report
June 16, 200620 yr Author comment_106164 I spent 2hrs last night shifting the rocks little bugger still avaded me :evil: I like the idea of the fly fishing Report
June 16, 200620 yr comment_106165 Are you using 2 nets? Get another one if you're not, it'll be the best $3 you ever spend. Use one net for herding it into a corner, then trap it with both. Damsels are a PITA to catch, I once wasted a whole Sunday afternoon trying to catch a Humbug. I have no love for that fish! Report
June 16, 200620 yr Author comment_106166 I have no love for that fish! I won't be getting another one I don't think Report
June 16, 200620 yr comment_106167 Another option would be a fish trap. Some forum members here may be able to lend you one. Report
June 17, 200620 yr Author comment_106212 thanks for all the help. I will give 2 nets a go later failing that I still have the shotgun :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Report
June 17, 200620 yr Author comment_106312 Get an elephant to suck it up If I only had a trunk big enough :lol: :lol: :lol: Report
June 18, 200620 yr comment_106486 you can catch damsels on the reef while snorkling by picking up the small dead coral rock they rush into. maybe leave one chunk in the tank and take it out after they charge in. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.