Gudday All

Hazara

Hi forum! I am Kyle. I have kept many fish and a few reps/amphibs over the years.

At the mo I have an approx 150l "amazon style" bowfront, mainly populated with tetras and a large hoplo who even survived with my favourite fish, a clown knife which grew to 35+cm however he died a couple of weeks after my in-line heater failure (bloody thing got the tank up to 37deg before I noticed.)

We were pretty devistated with that so we now have only small fish that we don't attach to too much.

I bred axolotols for a few years, and have had a few specialty fish, including archerfish, fresh water puffers and even a couple of elvers/eels. Hopefully I can be of some help on the forums.

I should have introduced my tank as well... oops

15 or so neons, 1x hoplo (male needs a mate), 1 x Bristlenose (male needs a mate) 3 x bronze corys, 1 x blk neon (more to come soon), 2 x glowlights (picking up 10 more from a trademe auction tomorrow), 4 x comma/rocket pencils, 3 x lg kuhli's (I know, out of character but they're harmless) and about 5 blk widow tetras.

The pencils spawn once a month or so, but unfortunately right in front of the intake pipe.

tank_6_may_06.jpg

tank_6_may_062.jpg

and the forum seems to have reduced my photos from 800 x 600, I'm guessing the limit is 640 x 480???

Hi :P

Yes, you are right on the pic size. Very nice tank :bow: What is a hoplo? Is that a pic of it that you are using?

Lots of experience is great news :bounce:

I have learned so much from the people here that I sometimes think I know what I'm doing :o :-? Plus, it is a fun site, lots of laughter too :bounce:

Take care,

Caper

oooh, clown knives are one of my absolute fav fish, when i can manage to convince mum that i need a 6x2x2 i'll get one :lol: bummer you lost yours, heard a few stories of in-lines going bust and cooking tanks :-?

ya tank looks awesome too and welcome to the forums :)

Where's the best room on the forum to upload photos like that??

Here's my Obviously male hoplo, just look at his wings. I'll put em up here but I didn't see any rooms specifically for photos.

These 2 photos are a good 6 months old, but you can definately see the reddened leading edge with the knob. I have only had this one hoplo but I'm sure He's a He.

The second is more his natural colours. Anyone in CHCH wanna breed?

hoppie.jpg

Hoppie_2.jpg