Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hello from Upper Hutt

Featured Replies

Greetings from Upper Hutt! Looking at some of the posts it appears that I have more fishy neighbours in this area than I thought. :lol:

Having moved into a new house I acquired a JEBP 200 litre corner tank to replace my old one and very nice it is too. Just getting throught the cycling process now. I have had real problems with green algae :evil: but removing phosphates and higher percentage UV lights appear to be doing the job at last. :D . Not quite sure what I'll do with the old tank but the garage is large and there's no reason a guy can't have 2/3/4/? tanks is there???

I have had a community tank for many years but have decided to take the plunge and establish a discus tank this time. I had a few discus years ago and loved them but then started moving around too much to be able to give them the care they needed. I'll be ready to stock the tank in 2-4 weeks so any local breeders out there getting ready to sell some stock please let me know.

I'd also be keen to meet up with any Upper Hutt/Wellington discus people and view your set up ie. sponge your good ideas.

Thanks already for the tips and ideas on the site. I look forward to being able to contribute where I can.

Welcome, glad you are finding the forums useful. Sorry I don't know anything about discus but I do know there is someone in UH with them. I'm sure he'll post a reply soon.

Cheers

Jude

Hi mikel,

Welcome to the FNZAS Forums, Great to have you here :D:D:D, lots of great people here full of knowledge, about the wonderful hobby of Fish Keeping.

Don't be afraid to ask any questions you may have, remember " if you dont ask you wont know" :wink::wink:

I am sure the person that Jude is talking about, that has Discus, will post on here soon. I too am hoping to set up a Discus Tankies, someday real soon, Ohhhhh they such pretty wee fellas.

Anyways Good Luck with your now tank :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lynda

Hello :P

there's no reason a guy can't have 2/3/4/? tanks is there???

Well, of course NOT, how else can you have a good case of MTS...hehe...and...to warn you... there is no cure...HAHAHAHA :-?

Take care,

Caper

Mikel you are surrounded by fishkeepers there with a very active Kapi-Mana club meeting in Tawa as well as a Wgtn club that meets umm, can't remember but check out Sue Fleet's posts as she has the information in her signature line! :lol:

Kapi-Mana are hosting the FNZAS conference at Queen's Birthday this year so now isd a good time to get involved!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.