I've got Bronze Cory eggs

Ira

I'm pretty sure I've got a male and a female, so hopefully some of them will be fertilized, there's at least a hundred of them scattered all over the breeding tank. On the plants, on the filters, on the rocks, on the bottom of the tank. I also put a bit of...Ummm...Blue stuff in it to hopefully keep them from fungusing. I'm not sure what is in it, it doesn't have a list of the ingredients I just grabbed it because it says it's for treating fungus. I put in about 1/5th of a dose, it wanted 1 drop/liter and it's a 100 liter tank, was getting pretty blue after 20 drops so I stopped. I've also got a couple in tank filters blowing across the bottom of the tank where most of the eggs are to give them some circulation.

Good on you Ira :lol:

As soon as you see the fry starting to move around in their egg sacs start your water changes to get rid of the "Blue Stuff" I find feeding Corys to be a bit of a pain, I have found Infusoria to be the best for the 1st week from then on either very finely crushed flake and egg yolk from then on, with daily water changes of around 50%

Good Luck

/Bruce

I'm planning on trying just the fry food for egg layers in the little toothpaste tube. Should that be ok? Seemed fine for my danios. Might try to get some infusoria too, though, bought some spinach today, that should work.

The egg layers paste might be ok, I havent had that much luck with it on catfish, but it seems to have worked on one of our recent breeding of Keyhole Cichlids

Just keep up the water changes, the more you can feed them the better, at least 3-4 times per day would be good

/Bruce

Good work Ira :)

How does the male fertilise the eggs, does he just swim over them releasing sperm like a krib would?

I've had 2M1F bronze cories for about 5 weeks. Brought them on a Monday and they spawned on Fri ~300 eggs, sadly they all got the damn fungus :(

Then about 3 days ago they spawned again (~150 eggs all fungused again :evil: ) At one stage after the female deposited some eggs I watched for about 5 mins and no male went near them, so I'm wondering if the males aren't pulling their weight.

Does anyone know if the males take longer to mature, the female is a beast of a specimen, the males a bit smaller?

I didn't use any fungicide but I would of thought that a couple wouldn't succumb.

Anyway Ira, hope your results are the opposite than mine :D

Kriber

Sounds like my results are almost the same as yours, Kriber.:( Almost all of the eggs started off as kind of an arc of white inside them, but a few eggs were clear with maybe a slight brownish tinge. All of the white ones fungused, and I'd thought the clear ones would too, but I noticed today that at least 1 of the clear ones is actually alive. Something wiggled in it anyway.:) So the clearish ones must be the viable eggs. So, that means I've got at most 5 or so eggs left out of about a bazillion.

Yep, most (prob all) of mine started out with bits of white in them, so I guessed it was only a matter of time.

Clear with a brown tinge - I'll be on the lookout for these next time :) .

Both times I left the adults in and they ate them all after a few days, hopefully they wouldn't eat all the viable ones (if I ever get any!) and they're just recycling resources. The guy in the shop said they will normally eat some but not all.

Did you keep the adults in with them Ira?

I took them out the day I noticed the eggs. The must have laid them overnight. I'm assuming they'd also have been fertilized at the same time, hopefully I didn't interrupt that.

But! Good news! I've got a fry! Just one little teeny one that's hiding under one of the filters. Don't know if any more of the possibly viable eggs will hatch. Hope so.:)