Finally Logged in!

Rebecca

Well after browsing this site for months I finally decided it was time to log in and introduce myself too. I have about 40 tanks set up at the moment, mostly bare breeding tanks but have starting doing a few plants now and hope to have about half my tanks planted over the next few months. I'm a member of the North Shore Aquarium Society though with 2 toddlers I don't get to as many meetings as I'd like. I keep tropicals, some goldfish, newts, turtles, axolotls and frogs. I also have birds so I keep pretty busy but enjoy the challenge of breeding fish, have had some amazing successes and some more amazing failures which I'm sure most can relate to! I find one of the best things about my animals is the great people I've met along the way and the wealth of information I've gained, mind you I have a long way to go!

Welcome to the Forums Rebecca

Don't forget to come join us in the Chatroom around 9pm and discuss with us live any problems or solutions you have with breeding.

Kids should be in bed by that time... so make a nice cuppa and sit down and chat.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys :D , in answer to your questions. Hi Sharn, yes it's me, glad to hear the axolotls doing so well.

Caryl, I'm not sure if I've remembered everything but the sucesses I've had over the last few years have been with WCMM, goldfish, guppies, swordtails, golden black eyed ancistrus, Blue Gouramis, Golden Angels, Bronze Corydoras, Kribensis and I'm not sure if they count but Chinese Fire Bellied Newts, axolotls (including my golds and albinos that I'm very proud of) and Red Earred Turtles. Have had a few disasters like trying to move 60 tanks in the midst of breeding which wasn't too good but hopefully am settling everyone down again now.

Mustcooktea, last time my toddlers tried to help I ended up with 2 baby newts on the floor so no! But they are interested, got very indignant with someone a while ago who told them chickens came from eggs and insisted that's where turtles come from and looked at them like they were an idiot! Will try to make the chat room but normally studying at night :-?

yeah the albinos doing great, been in the chilly bin for the last few weeks as its been too hot for his small tank :D he loves it in there though, nice and cool around 19C and hes progrssed onto 'big axies food' now but hes still not as keen on that as he is on bloodworms hehehe. and he makes a terrible mess trying to eat his 3x3x3mm squares :lol: good to see ya on here!! and it sounds like you have got your work cut out for ya!!!! *dreams of having 40 tanks to busy myself with*