Feeding 1 month old baby Angels??

lmk

Hi All :) Just an update on my babies (31 days old today!!) Will get smartie son to post a couple of pics. Still have around 20 cuties who seem to be happy and healthy. One problem though, I can't seem to get them to take flake food. I finely grind it until its powder like and they "Taste" it then spit it out!!. Have tried 2 makes but they do the same to both. Any suggestions on type of flake or maybe what to do to get them to eat it? Also should I still be feeding 3 times a day?? I'm SICK of breeding brine shrimp!! though this is supplimented with micro worms also. They certainly feed ravenously when they get their food!! So I guess they are growing fairly quickly and the stripes are now becoming obvious. Lots of fun this Baby Business! What do all you hobbiest breeders do with your babies?? Was thing of keeping a few and seeing if LFS will buy the others. Lisa. 2babyangels0214yn.jpg2babyangels0410mi.jpg

they'd go for live food, small daphnia, small mosquito larvae too. You can buy frozen baby brine shrimp too if live is becoming too much of a pain, i just started making some and i can understand what ya mean. altho they appear to spit it out, i'm sure they're taking some down, eventually they'd get so hungry if you stopped feeding the other food they'd just eat it all.

Hi. Biggest ones are just over 10mm (that includes tail :lol: ) so I guess thats pretty good for just over a month old. Thanks for the feeding advice Luke! I was thinking about just giving them the flake all the time that way I'm pretty sure they will eat it when they get hungry, glad I'm on the right track! Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Your fishies look just like mine, my Angel bubba's are doing well , and by the looks of it so are yours, great to see it is all going so well, I now have 3 different spawnings in my baby tank, so I have Angel Fry of all different sizes.

I am still feeding mine Microworms, BBS, and I also manage to feed them abit of Baby Flake Food, which they seem to take quite happily, I think the brand is Tetramin Baby Flake Food, maybe you could try this and see if they accept it.

Have you had anymore spawnings from your Adult Angels? My are spawning about every 10 days.

Good Luck

Lynda

Good Luck

Hi Lynda

Thanks for the advice on which food to try. I think I can get that brand here in Gissy so I will give it a try. Since babies hatched I shifted 2 pairs of breeding Angels into my larger community tank and there was no action in there but over the weekend I shifted them again. Within 3 hours of being in the other tank 1 pair had laid and the next day the other pair laid also!! Had a couple of Hoplo Catfish in there who managed to eat all of one lot :-? !! They will be shifted again today!! 1st pairs babies hatched yesterday and I was going to let them get up and freeswimming and then have a think about what to do with them. Do you think they will be o.k with their month old brother and sisters? Or will they just become live food also?? Me's thinking I might need a heater for my spare tank. I can feel a case of MTS coming on :wink:

If they will fit into the mouth of the older ones you will be lessening your problem in two ways.

Less to look after and more that you don't have to feed so much.

Of course you have the added bebefit of the fish growing bigger as well.

They will also pick on the smaller ones if the can't directly eat them.

Put in a divider.

No heater needed, and your putting of a MTS attack for a period of time.

But it will occur at a later date.

Better go and set up some more of my tanks.

Alan 104