dwarf gourami breeding

peanuts

thought I would share the news of the week for me.

got a pair of dwarf gourami's from my neighbour, and the female was already full of eggs so brought them home, placed them in their own tank and the male got to building a nest.

was amazing to watch - even the kids would prefer to watch the fish to tv.

I didn't get to see the event happen, within three days of them being in their own tank we had fry. or should I say pencil dots with tails, kids are calling them tadpoles.

we have just reached the free swimming stage and please don't ask me to count them, I couldn't even guess how many there might be, but I will be happy if I get a couple of fry to survive.

its so great to watch the different stages, instead of waking up to more guppies each morning.

Congrats peanuts, on your Gourami's little bubba's, don't forget to do lots of little water changes, and feed them up on BBS and Microworms, I too have Dwarf Gourami's, but have never had the pleasure of seeing them make a bubble nest, spawning and so on.

Would be great if you could post some pic's.

Good Luck wif ya Bubba's

Lynda

Of course you can do water changes :roll:

Just syphon of the bottom with an airline.

I do it into a brineshrimp sieve, then return any little travellers back to their tank.

Make sure that you have a lid on, this keeps up the humidity, and temperature.

Also only have about 100mm of water, this is so as the babies have less pressure and can easily reach the surface.

This is an ideal time for green-water, this is a good way to start of the babies till they can take BBS.

Alan 104

• 2 months later...