What Pleco do you have.

PETEYPLECO

Hi

We'll be able to see soon if anyone elce can breed them just like i did years ago.. :P

From Peru again..I have 20 x 100 mm and some + a bit..

I have not looked to close but should be both sexes..

This is just prior warning there here..No full list of shipment till in 3rd week about 23rd..But very interesting..

Also have a look at Commercial... Two big beauties up for sale

Cheers Phill Collis

Just to let everyone know that I have just got back from paraparumu ad at the pet shop at coastlands shopping centre is a gold nuggett for only 120!!! and a lemon spotted green pleco for 140.

I wish i could of afforded them but I had just got some discus.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, came back to this thread to have a look and would like to input the following info, which anyone that visits PlanetCatfish can find pretty easily -

Profile page for Panaque sp. L204

Catfish of the Month Article, December 2005 - L204 including breeding info, etc.

I'm in love and would be keen to get a number of them to have a go at raising them and attempting to breed. Phil - any chance of getting a pic of them? One of yours, I mean. The pics on TradeMe are from PlanetCatfish...

I have seen Phills ones and they are very nice! A great price too.

As for breeding them they require specialized conditions, and I know of only one reported spawning of them in captivity world wide (the one in that article on PC). So spawning them is not for the beginner pleco keeper really. I'm not trying to put you off keeping them and trying, but spawning them would be a huge accomplishment.

Yes they are a very attractive pleco though!!!

Just my 2 cants.

Hi

Breeding has been done by myself over 20 years ago..Or i should say they did..

The reason most dont breed is they are to old when collected from wild or to young..My young on Trade me are selling at 45mm so the likely hood to breeding in years to come is remote as in general fish tanks..But thats like 3 years away any way..

I have right now Near adults that just a few can be sexed.. :P

So no reason why not breed again..I will be setting up a few pairs and then selling rest..

I have 20 and a few extremely rare fully red spotted..Cheers Phill Collis

Awsome! I had an adult male LDA31 that I got last year. Unfortunatly he didnt do too well in my tank, but he was an awsome fish!!

How big are they? Sexable?

Heres my guy in his last week (you can see his odontodes fungusing, i have no idea why they did)...

ResizeWizard-1copy.jpg

Cheers, CatBrat.

Hi

Fungus is alway attack where damage or any burn { nitrite or other } occurs.

Once entred just about impossible to cure..Thats what happened to 3 biggest whiptails.. last imported.

But my fish are again different by much bigger spots..many cat fish are not truely ID yet and get mixed up by exporters but in correct family name being Panaque..Out of Q about 13th march

Could also just been very old..!!

:P Cheers Phill Collis

Back to the subject :wink:.... here is a pic of my Panaque Nigrolineatus'. The one on the glass (10cm) is already growing odontodes on his pectoral fins while the much larger one on the wood (15cm) has none, so I can only hope for a male and female. Anyways, enjoy the pic and I apologize for the odd contraption in the middle of the pic. My marble swords are stalking all over the place and it's a rig to keep them in the water (for pup plants rather than flowers).

panaques.jpg

• 2 months later...

So over the last few months I've put together a bit of a collection of random catfish. Some of them I'm in love with but others I'd like to see go a home where they will be bred.

L027 - Royal Pleco (x2, 2 more on the way)

L048 - Gold Cloud Pleco (x1)

L102 - Snowball Pleco (x1)

L104 - Clown Pleco (Pair? - trying to breed)

L128 - Blue Phantom Pleco (x1)

L270 - Chocolate Zebra Pleco (x1)

BNs and GBAs (L144) with nice breeding colonies.

Hi

I have two at about 240 mm.

I imported first and purchased 2nd.

Altho they do look like male and female the male has cleaned the female to the point where she might be damaged to much, so now in seperate tanks.

Maybe your interested in both to put with yours.

That should sort out also space i think both could be after.

Direct E Mail me if interested

Cheers Phill Collis