light fittings using guttering

Caryl

For those who want to see what a simple light fitting looks like, made using plastic guttering...

lightfittings.jpg

Go visit a building site as I am sure they will have offcuts of guttering. The pic shows wooden ends. You can get end caps so I don't know whether the man who built these didn't want to buy any or found it just as easy to cut out wooden ends with some ply he had lying around.

The aluminium helps reflect the light downwards.

A simple and effective light hood for sitting on glass lids.

Energy saver bulbs. Get hot but no more than long fluoro's. I have nevre had problems growing plants using ordinary bulbs as opposed to expensive aquatic plant ones. Small tanks have the energy savers and big ones have plain bright white or daylight fluoro tubes.

Here is a tank with a 2ft fitting on top. Single bulb. Pardon the state of the tank...

goldfishtankandlight.jpg

• 2 years later...
No idea as that was taken a few years ago and the tank is no longer set up. The oxygen weed was pulled out of the river flowing through the middle of Blenheim so is quite likely to be a banned one

yeah I know. I pulled some from the Waikato river and got the same one.

The penalties for such offence seem abit harsh, what is it, up to 7 years imprisonment and/or 200,000 dollars fine. I don't think P manufacturer get it that hard.