fishroom in the laundry room

shiuh

EJ had a 24 hour system but gave up on it as the flow thru wasn't enough to agitate the sediment and remove it.

If you can locate a pic that Caryl tookof his room, you may be able to see part of his set up.

Filter and solenoid is visible from memory.

Alan 104

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so it looks like there may be insufficient agitation for stuff that sits on the bottom to be stirred up and then flow thru the outflow. I'll ponder on that, and see what I can come up with...because I really, really like that Plan A.

Shiuh, the concept plans show heaters under the banks of tanks, the idea was to maintain temperature in the whole room; did this part work out?

i have a better system in mind and think this would work. having done a lot of research on the net, a very popular system used by guppy hobbiest in Taiwan.

ugf.jpg

1234.jpg

123.jpg

with a in built UGF, stuff that sits on the bottom can then flow thru the 2nd outflow pipe. all the dirty stuff get suck into the gravel then out thru the 2nd pipe. but this would mean extra cost, as you are drilling 2 holes and every tank has its own UGF, pipes, taps etc.

but i think it is great. i will try it out one day.

Ideally you would want to be recovering the heat from the water going out, so if you were to run the water thru 2 pipes in contact with each other for a reasonable length it may recover some, but the problem is that plastic is pretty good at insulating heat transfer, and making one out of titanium is gonna be pricy and I dount it would recover its cost.